Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XM Radio

XM Radio

Does anyone else with an XM Radio have this problem? I'm sitting here listening to the baseball game on channel 183, and all of a sudden I get slammed over to Channel 1. This has happened five times today. What a nuisance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: XM Radio

I have had that happen, but not nearly as frequently as that. Maybe once or twice a week. It's from a satellite so it's easy for things like that to happen.
    Still I would contact XM and see if there is a problem with your radio or antenna.

Reds and 26.2's

I have an XM Inno, and have never had that problem. (so far)

I highly recommend the Inno..I am a marathoner and it goes with me when I'm on training runs.

Dibble and Kennedy have a great talk show in the afternoons on HomePlate 175.
    Last edited by FlyingPig; 05-07-2008 at 07:58 PM.

I just bought an Inno on ebay and the car kit. I would recommend it also. I had that problem with it going to XM channel 1 when I first activated my radio, but come to find out, I had a bad radio. Pioneer sent me a new one. Hope this isn't the case with yours.

Well, if it is the radio, it's still under warranty. I'll contact Pioneer. Thanks.

Adjust your antenna.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Adjust your antenna.
    Yes, normally that happens if you lose signal for a spell. It always kicks me to channel 1 when I stop at a certain gas station under the awning.

I've got XM factory in my car... I've never had that problem. I may lose signal if I'm in town or going through a drive thru but I've never had it change channels.

I contacted XM, and they told me to refresh my radio. I have to go to the website, then they will reactivate me. I'll try that this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    I contacted XM, and they told me to refresh my radio. I have to go to the website, then they will reactivate me. I'll try that this weekend.
    It is simple to refresh. Go to this LINK:

http://www.xmradio.com/refresh/index.xmc

Let us know if it works.

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

I did that several times before I ended up having to contact Pioneer and sending it back due to a bad radio. Hope that's all it is.

Does anyone else with an XM Radio have this problem? I'm sitting here listening to the baseball game on channel 183, and all of a sudden I get slammed over to Channel 1. This has happened five times today. What a nuisance.
    This happened to me this morning. As I stated in a previous post, I just had to adjust the antenna. I hope your new device gives you better luck.

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

I have the Inno and it goes back to channel 1 everytime I lose the signal. I think it's normal. It is annoying though. Sometimes I find myself listening to the preview channel for 10 minutes before I realize that I had switched.

Has any XMer's gotten the BEST OF SIRIUS package? ($4 extra a month) I am liking the PlayBoy and NFL Channel.

http://www.xmradio.com/bestofsirius/...aign=BOSUPSELL

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Has any XMer's gotten the BEST OF SIRIUS package? ($4 extra a month) I am liking the PlayBoy and NFL Channel.

http://www.xmradio.com/bestofsirius/...aign=BOSUPSELL
    i added it yesterday, but i doubt i'll listen to it much. xm had everything i enjoy before sirius came along.
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

Turn Off Ads?