Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's trade to get Peavy from San Diego

Re: Let's trade to get Peavy from San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Rounding Third View Post
    I'm sure the Yankees or Red Sox would be willing to spend the moon on signing a pitcher as talented as Peavy.
    Who cares, we all know that the Reds can't get him. And I am not sure we would want to give up top notch players to get him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    Who cares, we all know that the Reds can't get him. And I am not sure we would want to give up top notch players to get him.
    I was answering a question.

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    They paid an awful lot for Dice K, and he's not Peavy.
    DiceK makes 8mil and change, that was a smart move paying lump sum to team and then low ball the player, b/c now they have him in a favorable contract situation, in case he didn't work out, signing Peavy to 22mil/year would not be smart. Ask Brian Sabean and Dan O'Dowd(signed Zito and Hampton to 9 figure LTCs)

Quote Originally Posted by Rounding Third View Post
    I was answering a question.
    I didn't mean that as an attack on you. Sorry. I meant it to be in retort to Peavy coming to the Reds. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    I didn't mean that as an attack on you. Sorry. I meant it to be in retort to Peavy coming to the Reds. Sorry for the confusion.
    Completely agree on that part.

Turn Off Ads?