Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jerry Hairston

Re: Jerry Hairston

I'd like to see him as a utility guy who gets 275-375 ABs -- I think he'll wear down if played regularly, kinda like Freel -- keep him fresh -- I really like his approach at the plate, and his versatility is very nice, though he is not, repeat not, an everyday SS. Overall I've been very impressed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was going to say the same thing....it could be his career year.

If Keppinger is not injured....he would still be on the bench spot starting for JK and EE.....especially EE the way he has been going. He is the Lenny Harris/Chris Stynes type of utility player who can go up and down...from year to year. Lenny always had year on/year off for the Reds....hopefully this is a full year on for Jerry. Just no long term contract please.

Season
    .338 .379 .488 .867

Career
    .256 .326 .362 .688

I like that they are getting decent production from Hairston, perhaps his back problems are behind him and that he has matured some into a better batter and all around player or maybe it is just another career year for a player looking to nail down a contract for the coming seasons, either way Hairston has been able to come along and to give the Reds some help. They should take advantage of his recent spike while he is defying his career stats. Perhaps if they keep him fresh, give him days off Hairston will continue to provide some quality.

vs. Left
    .391 .444 .565 1.009
    vs. Right
    .288 .327 .423 .750
    Last seven
    .333 .400 .333 .733
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 05-29-2008 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    SThey should take advantage of his recent spike while he is defying his career stats.
    and not being seduced into believing it is a new level of performance after 2008. This is the stuff that WK had trouble deciphering and it lead to giving extensions to Ross, Freel, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    and not being seduced into believing it is a new level of performance after 2008. This is the stuff that WK had trouble deciphering and it lead to giving extensions to Ross, Freel, etc.
    That's true. I want to hope that Jocketty will be wiser and be seriously persuing solid upgrades. Jocketty should be able to use the Krivsky mistakes to his and the teams benefit, after seeing what came of it and what needs to be done. Hairston will be in a pinch if Keppinger and Gonzalez comes back.

Turn Off Ads?