Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to New York/Boston....Advice?

Going to New York/Boston....Advice?

I know there's been threads started on subjects similar to this, but I'm making the trip to the Bronx next month to see the Reds at the Stadium and from there I'm heading up to Boston to take in a couple games at Fenway.

For those who have been to Yankee Stadium/Fenway Park, please share things to look for, especially safety and transportation-wise. In New York, I believe we are staying in New Jersey over by the Meadowlands and in Boston I think we're staying at a hotel right across the street from Fenway. I plan on parking and taking subways/cabs.

Any help/advice will be greatly appriciated!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Re: Going to New York/Boston....Advice?

Last time I was in New York we stayed near the Newark Airport in New Jersey. We would park at the Newark Penn Station (not the NY Penn Station) and ride their underground train (don't think it's called a subway?) over to New York. It came out under the World Trade Center site. From their you could walk around Manhattan to get on another subway. Hope that helps!

EDIT--I think it's called the PATH train. Play around this site:
    http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servl...Action=TrainTo
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 05-07-2008 at 07:32 PM.
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Stay away from the Chuds.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Hey, I'm also going to Boston and just got tickets for the Thursday afternoon game vs. the Royals. I'm also interested in any input on things to do before the game.

Thanks.
    VBR IS LIVING IN CINCINNATI...I FEEL GOOD!

In Boston, be sure to ride the "T" if you go anywhere. Be sure to hit The Boston Beerworks. I wish I could join ya'.
    Last edited by Spitball; 05-07-2008 at 09:08 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I know there's been threads started on subjects similar to this, but I'm making the trip to the Bronx next month to see the Reds at the Stadium and from there I'm heading up to Boston to take in a couple games at Fenway.

For those who have been to Yankee Stadium/Fenway Park, please share things to look for, especially safety and transportation-wise. In New York, I believe we are staying in New Jersey over by the Meadowlands and in Boston I think we're staying at a hotel right across the street from Fenway. I plan on parking and taking subways/cabs.

Any help/advice will be greatly appriciated!
    PM me if you have any specific questions.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Last time I was in New York we stayed near the Newark Airport in New Jersey. We would park at the Newark Penn Station (not the NY Penn Station) and ride their underground train (don't think it's called a subway?) over to New York. It came out under the World Trade Center site. From their you could walk around Manhattan to get on another subway. Hope that helps!

EDIT--I think it's called the PATH train. Play around this site:
    http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servl...Action=TrainTo
    PATH is correct. Port Authority Trans Hudson, or something like that.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

If you go to Boston, beat on M2's door at 3 in the morning, and ask if he wants to play some strat.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

...and stay away from speeding out of control cars driven by women who love Jeter.

Somewhere on this site we've got an out-of-towner's guide for different MLB cities. I know Boston's in there and I think NYC is too. Anyone know where to find that link?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

I could've been more helpful too. the subway to either of the ball parks in NYC are safe IMO. They are also much faster than driving. parking alone is a huge nightmare. So get into the city and take the subway from there. You can buy a day pass - lets you ride all day for something like 8 bucks ...

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Somewhere on this site we've got an out-of-towner's guide for different MLB cities. I know Boston's in there and I think NYC is too. Anyone know where to find that link?
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...light=mlb+city

I started that thread with high hopes ... then life caught me from behind and rubbed my nose into the dirt for awhile.

Boston Red Sox Fenway Park dabvu2498
    Boston Red Sox Fenway Park M2
    New York Yankees Yankee Stadium In Progress

GL

Man, I wish I would have done a bit more research before buying tickets last night...it appears when you sit in the bleachers you are limited to the bleachers and bleachers only....no access at all to the rest of the park.

"Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Man, I wish I would have done a bit more research before buying tickets last night...it appears when you sit in the bleachers you are limited to the bleachers and bleachers only....no access at all to the rest of the park.

The bleachers were only a dollar for a long time. They went up to $1.25 in 1978 after the Sox signed Bill Campbell. I'm sure the rise in price and the signing of Campbell were not related, but since Campbell got off to a slow start, most wanted to believe they were. Personally, I prefer not to sit in the bleachers at Fenway, but usually there is little else available.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    The bleachers were only a dollar for a long time. They went up to $1.25 in 1978 after the Sox signed Bill Campbell. I'm sure the rise in price and the signing of Campbell were not related, but since Campbell got off to a slow start, most wanted to believe they were. Personally, I prefer not to sit in the bleachers at Fenway, but usually there is little else available.

I sat out there last year and liked it. We walked around the park through the game and watched from different places but the bleachers were just fine.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?