Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why the Day Game Yesterday?

Why the Day Game Yesterday?

I was just kind of wondering if any of you had any thoughts as to why Wednesday's 9-0 game with the Cubs was a day game seeing as both teams had the next day off. I understand there's getaway days and all but when you have 2 days to get to your next city I don't consider time to be of the essence.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why the Day Game Yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I was just kind of wondering if any of you had any thoughts as to why Wednesday's 9-0 game with the Cubs was a day game seeing as both teams had the next day off. I understand there's getaway days and all but when you have 2 days to get to your next city I don't consider time to be of the essence.
    it's the Cubs. They are scared of the dark.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    it's the Cubs. They are scared of the dark.
    I don't know...they played pretty scared yesterday in the daylight

It was a little strange to play during the day with no pressing need to do so. What can you say, its the Reds.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I'd just like to point out that I hate day games, especially day games in the middle of the week.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

It was a business day special. MLB works so many in each season. My best guess would be that it simply worked out to be one of the best games to do it based on the Reds' and the other team's schedules

There was a pretty good crowd for a day game too.... over 28,000.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

good way to get both teams a breather. Neither are playing today, and i think both had some traveling to do, Reds on the road, Cubs go home.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    good way to get both teams a breather. Neither are playing today, and i think both had some traveling to do, Reds on the road, Cubs go home.
    I think you're nailing it pretty closely. This gave both clubs a full 48+ hour break (travel not included).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I bet the players liked it. It's probably the first true night off they've had for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I'd just like to point out that I hate day games, especially day games in the middle of the week.
    Afternoon baseball in early May is quite possibly the most perfect manifestation of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Afternoon baseball in early May is quite possibly the most perfect manifestation of the game.
    Oh I know.

I just hate the "I'm at work" factor while the game is going on cause it prevents me from watching the game (and on bad days it prevents me from even listening to the game on the radio).
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

business day specials are always a good day for us seniors to make it down to the ballpark while the young whipper snappers are in school.

i was at the game yesterday with my old fogie parents...one of the best games i've ever seen...fireworks, fireworks everywhere...joey votto was the man

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Oh I know.

I just hate the "I'm at work" factor while the game is going on cause it prevents me from watching the game (and on bad days it prevents me from even listening to the game on the radio).
    You're supposed to leave work and go to the game.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Turn Off Ads?