Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis: "To Hell with Michigan"

Charlie Weis: "To Hell with Michigan"

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/49613

A video clip shows Charlie Weis has taken a shot at Michigan in a speech sometime around the Blue and Gold scrimmage last month. Weis made a speech to fans and claimed the Wolverines would make excuses about their new coaching regime under Rich Rodriguez. "I always been one to never make excuses and not go about airing it," Weis said. "We're going to start on September 6 with San Diego State. I think that the first opportunity we're really gonna have to make a statement is that day. "And then we'll listen to Michigan have all their excuses as they come running in and saying how they have a new coaching staff and there's changes. To hell with Michigan!" Notre Dame plays Michigan in its second game, Sept. 13 at South Bend.

Detroit Free Press
    Early bulletin board material.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Charlie Weis: "To Hell with Michigan"

Seems to me like Charlie should keep his BIG mouth shut until he wins a few games himself.

I'm no Michigan fan, but he doesn't have half the college coaching resume of Rich Rodriguez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Michigan and Notre Dame, two storied programs both in disarray.

Notre Dame will probably right the ship sooner, but I would hate to be fans of either school having to stomach what they put on the field for the next 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Michigan and Notre Dame, two storied programs both in disarray.

Notre Dame will probably right the ship sooner, but I would hate to be fans of either school having to stomach what they put on the field for the next 2-3 years.
    Rich will do much more at Michigan than Weis will at Notre Dame.

Michigan is a sleeping giant who fell off under Carr the past few seasons. They will be a consistent national champion contender before Notre Dame is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Rich will do much more at Michigan than Weis will at Notre Dame.

Michigan is a sleeping giant who fell off under Carr the past few seasons. They will be a consistent national champion contender before Notre Dame is.
    Arguibly both teams are sleeping giants. Both annually pull in top 10 recruiting classes, so neither is short on talent. Both have tremendous history. I just think that Michigan has the edge because of their head coach.

glad to see Weis copy Bo's "To hell with notre dame," very original for the fat man

Notice he didn't mention USC...
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

I love it! Both Dantonio and Weis have declared war on Michigan! Even Tress is talking smack!
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Seems to me like Charlie should keep his BIG mouth shut until he wins a few games himself.

I'm no Michigan fan, but he doesn't have half the college coaching resume of Rich Rodriguez.
    "And then we'll listen to Michigan have all their excuses as they come running in and saying how they have a new coaching staff and there's changes. To hell with Michigan!"

I am a Michigan fan now, and will be rooting for them, well until the last game of the season.

Michigan will be just fine.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

The comments by Weis will be widely echoed in this state.

Rich doesn't even have a QB yet, does he?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Rich doesn't even have a QB yet, does he?
    it could be argued that he never had one at WVU and did just fine....White is a hell of an athlete but no QB

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Arguibly both teams are sleeping giants. Both annually pull in top 10 recruiting classes, so neither is short on talent.
    Ah. College football recruiting rankings. One of the great ruses of our time.

I wonder what Weis would think if someone said, "To hell with donuts"
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I don't care for Weis or ND.... but I agree with that line.

Come on, folks. He was speaking to a bunch of 80+ year old boosters. This stuff gets said all the time at these things. Heck, it would be disappointing for those in attendance if he didn't. But for some reason this was captured on video and put on youtube. But it's harmless and is a common occurrence in these types of meetings for any school. Much ado about nothing here.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?