Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus Check

Re: Stimulus Check

Stowed it away in the savings for now.

I have one credit card I'd like to pay off. But the interest rate is so dang low, I don't worry about it.

We've got some little household repairs to deal with this summer.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mine came via direct deposit this morning (which matched the date from the link Raisor provided )

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Mine came via direct deposit this morning (which matched the date from the link Raisor provided )
    Same here. Direct deposit is my friend!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I have one credit card I'd like to pay off. But the interest rate is so dang low, I don't worry about it.
    Pay it off anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Pay it off anyways.
    Amen.

Even if it's a 0% introductory rate that you've snagged to finance some sort of project interest free.

Whenever you have the chance, retire the debt.

Still have not received my money yet. Good, I will not spend it!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I'm supposed to get mine today. We'll see...
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Here's a handy IRS tool to find out when you're getting your's.

https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?app=IRACTC
    I just discovered I am going to get a paper check instead of getting direct deposit because I had Turbo Tax deduct their fee from my refund. :thumbdown

Here is what the website said:

We are sorry. Specific information about your Stimulus Payment is not available.
    Possible reasons include:

* Filing and/or preparation fees were deducted from your refund or you received a rapid refund from your preparer. You will be receiving a check instead of a direct deposit. Please see the Paper Check Payment Schedule below.

PAPER CHECK

Last two SSN digits: Payments will be mailed no later than:
    00 through 09 May 16
    10 through 18 May 23
    19 through 25 May 30
    26 through 38 June 6
    39 through 51 June 13
    52 through 63 June 20
    64 through 75 June 27
    76 through 87 July 4
    88 through 99 July 11

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I just discovered I am going to get a paper check instead of getting direct deposit because I had Turbo Tax deduct their fee from my refund. :thumbdown

Here is what the website said:

We are sorry. Specific information about your Stimulus Payment is not available.
    Possible reasons include:

* Filing and/or preparation fees were deducted from your refund or you received a rapid refund from your preparer. You will be receiving a check instead of a direct deposit. Please see the Paper Check Payment Schedule below.

PAPER CHECK

Last two SSN digits: Payments will be mailed no later than:
    00 through 09 May 16
    10 through 18 May 23
    19 through 25 May 30
    26 through 38 June 6
    39 through 51 June 13
    52 through 63 June 20
    64 through 75 June 27
    76 through 87 July 4
    88 through 99 July 11
    Add this to one of the many reasons as to why Turbo Tax is a POS.

Crap. I did the same thing....Guess I have to wait till July 4th too.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

And I did not find out about this until the day before I was expecting the direct deposit. NOBODY mentioned anything about this. Not Turbo Tax, not the IRS, not anybody.

In your defense
    I never saw it mentioned on Turbo Tax or the .gov site either and I read them both until I was tired of reading.

I paid them up front, I liked the rate of exchange.

God bless the IRS.

newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedition/thursday/longisland/ny-listim155686297may15,0,159403.story

Newsday.com
    IRS: Some stimulus checks sent to wrong accounts
    BY CAROL POLSKY

carol.polsky@newsday.com

May 15, 2008

Through the wonders of modern technology, some of those federal economic stimulus checks are being deposited directly into recipients' bank accounts.

But some are not - and are instead winding up in the bank accounts of complete strangers.

"We do know of instances of problems; we've heard of situations where stimulus checks have gone to the wrong people's bank accounts," conceded Kevin McKeon, the Internal Revenue Service spokesman for the New York region. "We're getting a lot of calls to the toll-free number."

One local taxpayer, who asked not to be identified, reported that he had discovered an unexpected deposit of $1,800 in his bank account. He said a review of his bank records revealed that it was a deposit from the IRS bearing another taxpayer's Social Security number. He said he contacted the IRS and was told by an agent that the deposit was one of 15,000 misrouted checks sent out incorrectly as a result of a computer programming glitch.

McKeon said he could not confirm that figure or that a computer problem was responsible.

The stimulus checks are for up to $600 for a qualifying single taxpayer, $1,200 for a couple filing jointly, and $300 additional per child. Distribution began in late April, starting with taxpayers who had requested electronic deposits, and are continuing in weekly waves based on the ending digits in Social Security numbers. Paper checks will be sent out in the same way up until July 11.

"Overall, the vast majority of stimulus payments are going out timely and accurately to taxpayers," the IRS said in a statement issued in response to questions from Newsday. "To date more than 29 million stimulus payments totaling more than $27 billion have been issued.

"As taxpayers contact us with questions regarding the amount or the timing of their own stimulus payment, the IRS is providing answers and resolving taxpayer-specific issues."

McKeon directed those awaiting stimulus or 2007 tax refund checks to irs.gov/indi viduals/article/0, id=96596,00.html, or the toll-free service Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954.

Those receiving misdirected IRS deposits must report the mistake to their bank, McKeon said. Similarly, paper checks sent to incorrect recipients must be mailed back to the IRS, he said, and any money spent before the recipient is aware of the mistake must be repaid.

Several local accountants say that while they haven't yet come across any clients reporting misdirected stimulus checks, they have on occasion had clients who received mailed refund checks intended for other taxpayers - and who were told to return them. They also cited other bookkeeping mishaps, including clients with long-overdue refunds.

Bart Fooden, a Woodbury certified public accountant, said a client who filed a late 2006 return last year is still waiting for his electronic refund six months later. The IRS is trying to trace it, he said, adding: "According to them, they issued the refund in January."
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I received my check on June 2 then the next day, I received a letter stating I would receive it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I received my check on June 2 then the next day, I received a letter stating I would receive it soon.
    I got a problem...............myself, I want more, more, more, more. I wonder if they would be understanding?

Turn Off Ads?