Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st sweep of Indians since interleague play began... Great homestand... Looking West

1st sweep of Indians since interleague play began... Great homestand... Looking West

Our turn to kick the ass of the Indians for a change!

Awesome home stand all around.

Now comes the historically dreaded west coast swing... let's keep this momentum going versus the Dodgers!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 1st sweep of Indians since interleague play began... Great homestand... Looking W

It's amazing what can happen when a team gets a run of solid performances from the starting pitchers. Arroyo coming around has made a huge difference. The exciting thing about this Reds team is that it should have more runs like this than any Reds rotation we've seen in a long time.

Seven games in L.A. and San Diego should feed into that starting pitching run too.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Re: 1st sweep of Indians since interleague play began... Great homestand... Looking W

Word on Arroyo. That has been a huge missing piece. Add him in with Volquez and Harang and it is a very effective front of the staff. It also takes a lot of pressure off Cueto and lets the team roll a little more with his expected ups and downs.

I would feel 100% happy about the situation if Belisle could find some effectiveness Tuesday night.

But, yeah, amazing what a little pitching can do.

Oh what a difference a week can make. I'm heading out to LA for the week and will be catching all 3 Reds/Dodgers games...pretty stoked about that prospect

I don't want to look west. Can we have the Dodgers and Padres meet us on a neutral site?

I have loathed west coast trips for decades for a couple of reasons - but mainly, because many ups have become downs after the west coast (see: classic collapse in '06).
    But, hey, who knows - different leader, perhaps a different attitude. After all, Dusty did play there a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I have loathed west coast trips for decades for a couple of reasons - but mainly, because many ups have become downs after the west coast (see: classic collapse in '06).
    But, hey, who knows - different leader, perhaps a different attitude. After all, Dusty did play there a bit.

Did he? That's funny, I really hadn't heard much about Dusty's playing career. In fact I've heard hundreds of interviews with him and I didn't really know he even played in the Majors.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Tied for 4th, btw. A juggernaut that must be feared.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Everyone keeps talking about the pitching, but Adam Dunn beginning to turn things around is really driving this team as well. He's catching fire and hopefully a long contract will follow.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Couldn't agree more Jpup! Hopefully griffey's bat can follow suit and get hot for a month or two.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Hopefully Castelini doesn't write letters to the team telling them how proud he is of them and how they will kick butt on the west coast trip.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Did he? That's funny, I really hadn't heard much about Dusty's playing career. In fact I've heard hundreds of interviews with him and I didn't really know he even played in the Majors.
    ...or that he played with Henry Aaron.
    sorry we're boring

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about the pitching, but Adam Dunn beginning to turn things around is really driving this team as well. He's catching fire and hopefully a long contract will follow.
    Dunn's hitting couldn't have come around at a better time, coinciding with the loss of Jeff Keppinger.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Look at the starting pitching since May 1st...

http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-b...=0&PlayerID=18

Including today, if you throw out Arroyo's 1.1 inning stinker in ATL, in the other 14 games, starters have averaged 6.1 innings per start with 82 K's and only 35 BB's in 88 innings (8.4 k/9, 2.3 k/BB) with a sparkling 3.27 ERA...

The homestand was even better...6.5 IP, 2.53 ERA with 5 straight QS (only Harang's 7th inning run on Monday kept the week from being perfect in that regard)...

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

For a Level Playing Field

Last year's series against Cleveland at GABP was close to a sweep for the REDS... if not for Gary Majewski. REDS up 6-to-4 as they enter the 8th inning. Majewski serves up a 2R homer to David Dellucci to tie the game. REDS lose in 11 innings. That dreaded 8th inning last year!

The other two games in that series were REDS wins. They were also the first ML win for two pitchers not on the current roster... Homer Bailey and Marcus McBeth.

Turn Off Ads?