Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Reds Game Tracker (Why Not??)

Re: 2008 Reds Game Tracker (Why Not??)

The Reds are going to sweep the Padres.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    4-game sweep? Which starters will the Reds acquire in the next couple of days?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Worth The Wait

The Padres are REALLY, REALLY bad and I don't see them getting much better. Having said that, I am always a believer in the law of averages in baseball, and that law would indicate that they are probably due to win a few pretty soon.

I'd be pretty stunned if we sweep this series, but I'm hopeful for 3. My prediction? 2.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    4-game sweep? Which starters will the Reds acquire in the next couple of days?
    ...the Padres just lost Peavy AND Young, but their 6th and 7th starters will probably still be pretty good in that park.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

So much for my optimism. Harang got rocked by the worst offense in baseball tonight and it appears the Reds are well on their way to 0-4 on this road trip.

Worth The Wait

7-6.

Wow, talk about a buzzkill. I guess the Reds wanted to make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN to their fans that the win streak was a mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    7-6.

Wow, talk about a buzzkill. I guess the Reds wanted to make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN to their fans that the win streak was a mirage.
    One secret to successful living is learning to recognize/appreciate the small moments because waiting for the big fire works often means never getting to see any......

Concerning our love affair with the '08 Reds, we as fans are probably not going to find our soul mate.... but we can say, "at least we had the May homestand"....

Those 5 games were a blast and I enjoyed every pitch.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Worth The Wait

8-6.

Desperately needed that one.

Dunn carrying the offense, doing everything he can.

Worth The Wait

9-6.

Win tomorrow and disaster will be averted.

9-6.

Win tomorrow and disaster will be averted.
    Belisle is going to have to be on his game in order to beat Gandalf - who has been impressive this year at age 42. The guy finds a way to win.

After today's game, we have 20 games left per the "Game Tracker"

3 - Pirates (Home)
    3 - Atlanta (Home)
    4 - at Philadelphia
    4 - at Florida

(those 8 away games are a cause for concern for me)

They then come home for...

3 - Cards
    3 - Red Sox

I predict 9-11 over that stretch.

I say we find a way to beat S.D. today, which would make us 10-6.

That would put our record at 19-17.
    Last edited by GAC; 05-25-2008 at 08:13 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Worth The Wait

GAC--

I totally agree about that Florida-Philly road trip--- with our road woes, that could spell doom. But no sense in worrying about that until we get this homestand completed We owe the Pirates a sweep!

Worth The Wait

9-7.

Wow. What else can you say? Only the Reds...only the Reds.

9-7.

Wow. What else can you say? Only the Reds...only the Reds.
    I'll tell ya what, that was one painful road trip. The Reds went 2-5 but could have easily went 4-3 and returned home with a 25-26 record. The game in Los Angeles last Monday night was a game the Reds should have won. They had a 4-0 lead and were hitting Brad Penny hard but things fell apart. Jerry Hairston Jr. committed a huge two out throwing error that allowed two runs to score and cut the lead to 4-2. Then in the 5th inning Arroyo was one strike away from ending the inning with a 5-2 lead but then allowed four straight two hits to tie the game. The offense fell asleep after that and the Reds lost 6-5. If Hairston doesn't make that error then the Reds most likely win, or if Arroyo could've gotten that last strike. And obviously yesterday was the other game the Reds should have won. If only Weathers hadn't blown that lead, or Cordero hadn't hung that 2-2 slider, or if Bray had been allowed to start that 11th inning. The Wednesday night game when Cueto pitched was also winnable but Cueto lacked command, plus he made big throwing error and Bako allowed a run to score on a passed ball and Patterson misplayed a flyball into a double, but that loss wasn't as painful as the others. That loss on Sunday is a tough one to swallow. I didn't sleep well last night after that one.

Worth The Wait

I'll tell ya what, that was one painful road trip. The Reds went 2-5 but could have easily went 4-3 and returned home with a 25-26 record. The game in Los Angeles last Monday night was a game the Reds should have won. They had a 4-0 lead and were hitting Brad Penny hard but things fell apart. Jerry Hairston Jr. committed a huge two out throwing error that allowed two runs to score and cut the lead to 4-2. Then in the 5th inning Arroyo was one strike away from ending the inning with a 5-2 lead but then allowed four straight two hits to tie the game. The offense fell asleep after that and the Reds lost 6-5. If Hairston doesn't make that error then the Reds most likely win, or if Arroyo could've gotten that last strike. And obviously yesterday was the other game the Reds should have won. If only Weathers hadn't blown that lead, or Cordero hadn't hung that 2-2 slider, or if Bray had been allowed to start that 11th inning. The Wednesday night game when Cueto pitched was also winnable but Cueto lacked command, plus he made big throwing error and Bako allowed a run to score on a passed ball and Patterson misplayed a flyball into a double, but that loss wasn't as painful as the others. That loss on Sunday is a tough one to swallow. I didn't sleep well last night after that one.
    Good timing for the Bruce call-up. Everyone is kind of reeling from that loss on Sunday, and the Reds (and fans) could use a little pick-me-up.

Good timing for the Bruce call-up. Everyone is kind of reeling from that loss on Sunday, and the Reds (and fans) could use a little pick-me-up.
    Reds'll need to make the best of Bruce's call-up; no more cavalry on the farm. Any other reinforcements will have to come via trade at the deadline.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?