Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Corey Patterson Out of the Leadoff Spot

Re: Corey Patterson Out of the Leadoff Spot

I would have responded earlier, but I've been babbling incoherently ever since this was posted.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just when you think this franchise can't get any lower.

That lineup tonight is an insult.

It looks like we got lucky and won't have to see this lineup tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    It looks like we got lucky and won't have to see this lineup tonight.

We get to see it twice tommorrow.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I tried to tell anyone who would listen. Not that most people on this board didn't agree with me, but plenty of other Reds fans didn't. He is an awful, awful manager. It is difficult to comprehend how bad he is from afar, but I probably watched 100+ Dusty-managed Cubs games in full, and plenty more in part. You really have to watch him day in and day out to appreciate what a joke he is.

This is exactly how he managed the Cubs. He will do what his "gut" tells him, and if it tells him to bat one of the worst offensive players in all of baseball third, then he will do it, even when all objective and statistical evidence confirms that it is a horrible idea. Just wait until his gut tells him to let Cueto or Volquez throw 130+ pitches. And, trust me, barring an edict from the owner or GM, that will happen - and it might happen even then if he decides he's had enough and wants to be fired.

I've said before that I don't blame him. He is what he is. He never suggested that he would manage any differently. The Reds are solely to blame, and even though I bleed Reds Red, part of me enjoys watching an organization suffer the losses and embarrassment they so richly deserve for making such an asine, obvious and totally foreseeable error.

Just to follow up, if this was joke lineup because they knew a rainout was coming... then well played, Dusty. Well played.

I don't think it was a joke.

I'd be willing to be we see it tomorrow.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    He's hitting him number three because he wasn't going to hit JHhr or Freel third, when JR got scratched, and he didn't want to move anyone else.

It's still crazy. Even if it works tonight, it's CRAZY. Butterfly net crazy.
    I'm sure this is the real reason, but regardless, there's just no excuse for it. I mean, how long does it take to re-write the linup card...45 seconds?:thumbdown

I've seen some real doozies from the likes of Narron, Miley, and Boone, but this line-up is officially the worst that I can remember ever seeing, which is REALLY saying something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    I'm sure this is the real reason, but regardless, there's just no excuse for it. I mean, how long does it take to re-write the linup card...45 seconds?:thumbdown
    Put 1,000 monkeys in a room with typewriters and I'm not sure even they'd be able to churn out this permutation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I've been trying to come up with Dusty's thought process behind this. The best suggestion may be the one about there being no adjustment after Griffey was scratched (sounds like the CF-leadoff thing--no thinking required), but I keep wondering if Dusty's thoughts went something like this: "Okay, we scored nine runs last game, but that was all on home runs. We need to get the offense started early, and we can't depend on the homers, so we need to stack speed guys at the top so they can run in the first inning and get us a run or two right off the bat. Let's keep the run-scoring going."

While this makes little sense, I can see Mr. Baker thinking like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I've been trying to come up with Dusty's thought process behind this. The best suggestion may be the one about there being no adjustment after Griffey was scratched (sounds like the CF-leadoff thing--no thinking required), but I keep wondering if Dusty's thoughts went something like this: "Okay, we scored nine runs last game, but that was all on home runs. We need to get the offense started early, and we can't depend on the homers, so we need to stack speed guys at the top so they can run in the first inning and get us a run or two right off the bat. Let's keep the run-scoring going."

While this makes little sense, I can see Mr. Baker thinking like this.
    -Tough to rationalize having the worst hitter on the team hitting 3rd.

-Also interesting to note the "thou must break up thy lefties" commandmant from the Boone/Narron/Miley Bible of baseball can be ignored for CP and Votto but never for JR and Dunn.

I saw the title of this thread and said to myself, "Yeah, what's he got him batting, 3rd?" not being serious about it. Then I opened the thread. Dusty has done lost his mind.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    just for me, say that you loathe it.

Please.
    I loathed waaay before Puffy did. He loathed Randa, I loathed Aurilia.

I'm a loather.
    Suck it up cupcake.

I loathe Patterson the mostest!
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Turn Off Ads?