OK, it has been way too long since we have done this. Let's go one more time.
It works like this. I have in my grubby fist a copy of a Reds Yearbook from some time in the past. I will give 5 clues and see if you can come up with the year of publication (the year listed on the cover). However, even if you get the year right the answer is 'not correct' unless you give correct logic for choosing that answer. OK? Here are the clues:
1. An ad for Avco Broadcasting has photos of 4 of their sportscasters and one of them is Mr. Grande!!
2. As I leafed through the pages, three nicknames that caught my eye were: Herk, Chesty and Mr. Automatic.
3. Want to join the 'Rosie Reds'? Just send $5.00 membership dues and you were in.
4. The Reds 'Special Assignment Scout' had previously managed the Chicago Cubs.
5. One of the Reds pitchers had been used 3 times as a pinch hitter the previous season.
So, good luck and I am ready to provide more clues if you need them. You all have proven your expertise in the past though so I don't imagine that you'll need anymore help.