Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds batted out of order ...

Reds batted out of order ...

in the 9th inning according to Rotoworld as I did not get to watch. Team has become a laughingstock.

Though Corey Patterson was supposed to be at the plate, David Ross batted out of order in the ninth inning of an 8-3 loss to the Mets on Sunday.
    What is this, Little League? Per MLB rules, Ross has to complete his at-bat to be ruled out, and the outcome of his at-bat is then discarded with no runners allowed to advance. The Mets allowed him to do so, and since he lined out to right there was little harm done. Ross was the batter listed in the order after Patterson, so he was forced to come back to the plate for his 'real' at-bat and Patterson was charged the out. Ross singled after returning to the batter's box. There's almost too many jokes here for us to enjoy. Corey Patterson making outs even when he's not at-bat is just one of them. As if their wasn't already overwhelming evidence that Dusty Baker is a horrible manager, this just adds more fuel to the fire.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds batted out of order ...

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    in the 9th inning according to Rotoworld as I did not get to watch. Team has become a laughingstock.
    I think these guys at Rotoworld think they're seeing the big picture here. I think they're seeing what they want to see.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Mets alos made a dumb mistake. Just let Patterson hit, and if he gets on, them complain, and he'd be called out.

No reason to complain as long as they make outs.

Dusty did this when he was managing the Cubs against the Reds as well. It's all those double switches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

In all the years that I've been watching baseball, I've only seen two teams bat out of order. Both teams were managed by Dusty Baker.

I don't see what's the big deal here. Dusty gives up outs all the time batting Patterson leadoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Haunted by walks

I think a Pete Rose-managed team also batted out of order once.

Mets radio guys were laughing pretty hard about it, even broke out the rule book.
    Go Gators!

Isn't the lineup and double switches one of the bench coach's jobs?

Was Chris Spier the bench coach today, or someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Mets radio guys were laughing pretty hard about it, even broke out the rule book.

I don't know what they're laughing at. Randolph screwed up a double switch in his 2nd game in his first season against the Reds.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Far East View Post
    Isn't the lineup and double switches one of the bench coach's jobs?

Was Chris Spier the bench coach today, or someone else?
    He was the 3rd base coach today.

Maybe the Reds players should sit on the bench in there respective batting order just like little kids do in T Ball
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I don't know what they're laughing at. Randolph screwed up a double switch in his 2nd game in his first season against the Reds.
    If I miss a layup, and my buddy misses one after me in our 1-on-1 game, I'd probably laugh at him.

i was listening to the game in a NY recording studio. The mets announcers were laughing at the Reds AND the umps and said it was embarrassing for the UMPS especially, because they did no know what to do and had to have a rather long meeting about it.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The TV guys (Mets) got on Randolph for his mistake - almost more than the Reds mistake.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Turn Off Ads?