Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Rock N Roll: Fish coming to the GABP

Let's Rock N Roll: Fish coming to the GABP

ah yes the famed Fish-Reds rivalry is about to heat up these next 3 days

here's the pitching matchups:

Monday: FLA: Badenhop (1-2, 6.31 ERA)
    CIN: Harang (1-5, 3.09 ERA)

Absolute advantage to the Reds although Badenhop is coming off his first major league win. He's a sinker baller so that should bode well for him, but if he can't locate it early, the Reds will pound his otherwise mediocre stuff.

Tuesday: FLA: Hendrickson (5-1, 3.56 ERA)
    CIN: Volquez (5-1, 1.06 ERA)

Obviously the advantage again is here with the Reds. Hendrickson has pitched very well for the Marlins since having LASIK eye surgery. His job is to just keep the Marlins in each game and let the bats do the rest. Great chance Volquez strikes out 15, if he's not knocked out of the game by the 3rd.

Wednesday: FLA: Nolasco (2-3, 5.35 ERA)
    CIN: No one listed yet

Nolasco is coming off a great effort. He was hitting 96 on the gun his last time out. More than likely, this game will be the highest scoring of the 3.

Thursday: FLA: Miller (3-2, 6.52 ERA)
    CIN: Arroyo (2-4, 7.14 ERA)

Andrew Miller has improved on each of his last 3 outings, going 7 scoreless his last time out against the Nationals.

Marlins Notes
    LF Josh Willingham will not be ready for the series. Still on the DL with back spasms. He was hitting .341/.406/.637 when he went on the DL.

1B Mike Jacobs has missed the past few games with a thumb issue. He could be back for the series. He's currently hitting .271/.295/.607

Dan Uggla has gotten extremely hot recently, and is now hitting .271/.349/.571 with a team leading 10 hr after two on Sunday

Jorge Cantu and Luis Gonzalez (Willingham's replacement) are both hitting very well and Jeremy Hermida has started to come around too. The Marlins have 2 glaring holes in the lineup (even with Willingham and Jacobs out). Those two being CF (Amezaga/Ross) and C (Treanor/Rabelo). Amezaga and Ross occasionally add to the offense, but the two catchers do not.

The Marlins bullpen has been flat out awesome.

Good luck these next 3.
    Last edited by ramp101; 05-11-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: 4 game, not 3 game series

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Let's Rock N Roll: Fish coming to the GABP

Supposedly, Arroyo is going to pitch on Wed on short rest.
    Last edited by fearofpopvol1; 05-11-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Tuesday's matchup is what I'm most looking forward too. Should be a pitchers duel.

Watching Hanley for three games is going to be a joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

It's a four-game series, Ramp...
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    It's a four-game series, Ramp...
    yea, whoops...

*adds in Thursday's matchup*

The Reds may have an advantage in some of the starting pitching matchups, but I will do a happy dance if we are able to split this series.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Lasix has cured Hendrickson's woes, huh? Haven't the Reds beaten him in embarrassing ways in the past?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Lasix has cured Hendrickson's woes, huh? Haven't the Reds beaten him in embarrassing ways in the past?
    you could change 'Reds' to any team and I think that quote still holds true

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

ramp, must be nice to see the rebuilding come together. I wished the reds had just decided to blow it up one year and do what Florida did. They bought the first title but 2003 was basically homegrown, with some scrappy vets for flavor if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by ramp101 View Post
    you could change 'Reds' to any team and I think that quote still holds true

True. I did look up the numbers, just to see. 18 innings in four starts, 6 home runs. ERA over 8.

Still only one loss, though.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    ramp, must be nice to see the rebuilding come together. I wished the reds had just decided to blow it up one year and do what Florida did. They bought the first title but 2003 was basically homegrown, with some scrappy vets for flavor if I am not mistaken.
    Yea, it's definitely nice to see this so far. Not sure how much I buy into the team yet, but I'm certainly enjoying the ride so far. I expected us to take it to the next level in 2009 but no complaints about a year early.

We have a bunch of arms either coming off the DL or being ready for the majors the next 6-12 months so we should be able to fill holes (see young Catcher) via trade hopefully.

Absolutely tickled pink about Hanley though.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

A bet you'll see a fired up, high energy team that looks like they're having fun out there tonight. I bet you also won't see that young team not counting on the 3 run home run to win either....but they'll generate runs however it has to and won't play themselves out of situations by playing stupid baseball.

...Maybe the Reds team and organziation can learn a thing or two by watching those kids from Floriday
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-12-2008 at 05:04 PM.

actually the Marlins get their runs in bunches, usually from the homerun

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Well, then you may see that...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    A bet you'll see a fired up, high energy team that looks like they're having fun out there tonight. I bet you also won't see that young team not counting on the 3 run home run to win either....but they'll generate runs however it has to and woke play themselves out of situations by playing stupid baseball.

...Maybe the Reds team and organziation can learn a thing or two by watching those kids from Floriday

Marlins NL Rank
    HR-2
    SLG-1

Turn Off Ads?