Ryan Theriot
    Delmon Young
    for
    Josh Hamilton
    Jimmy Rollins
    Yahoo keeper league what do you all think? id hate to trade rollins

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: trade offer

I'd do that in a Keeper league no doubt, Rollins might be on the decline and Hamilton is a huge question mark.

Reyes can only get better same with Young.

I'm not sure. Seems like a pretty fair deal to me. For that reason, I might not do it.

Seriously though, this trade should make you think very hard about the relative merits of having keepers vs. succeeding this year. I think the Rollins/Hamilton combo is likely headed for a better combined year than the players you are being offered. But Reyes is already a top-of-the-line talent and Young could be on the come.

Hmmm...

As long as the deal keeps balance on the rest of your team, I think I'd do it.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Nah,Hamilton is killing the ball.MVP for sure.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

no way i do that deal.

I'm not opposed to selling high on a guy like Hamilton, but you need to sell *really* high. Reyes, Young, and Theriot isn't enough.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I can't emphasize enough how terrible that deal that is. Both Young and Theriot are overrated, and Jose Reyes has hit something like .250 since last August.

I don't even think I"d do that deal for Rollins alone, let alone throw in Hamilton.

I guess in a keeper league Young has value, but seriously, he doesn't walk enough to indicate that he's going to improve.

Josh Hamilton missed a game earlier this year for "exhaustion", and now he missed another game recently for a "viral infection". I like the guy and his stats, but I think anyone is crazy if they think he'll keep producing in the Texas heat this summer. He's going to break down at some point.

I do agree that the return for Hamilton in the proposed trade is sub-par, but I'd also try trading him high right now for a viable return.

Are you REALLY in need of steal? Do you REALLY have an access of power? If yes to both than it is a fair trade but you can do better. Get him to throw in a middle of the road closer or #3 starter depending on your need and you will sleep better about it.

Turn Off Ads?