Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embarssing

Embarssing

Ross batted out of order in the ninth today. Grounded out in his first AB and got a single in the second at bat.

Amazing, the ineptitude of this team and its lack of attention to detail.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Embarssing

Yeah, but how many outs are there? LOL.

Embarassing my spelling of the word embarassing. It's rubbing off on the fans!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I was just about to say that you should really know how to spell the word before you post about something being embarrassing, LOL

That was the oddest thing I've seen in all my years of being a baseball fan. I forgot that Chris Speier was out at third base for Mark Berry though which may have contributed to the confusion since they haven't had a bench coach all game and he's supposed to help keep track of that sort of thing.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I was just about to say that you should really know how to spell the word before you post about something being embarrassing, LOL

That was the oddest thing I've seen in all my years of being a baseball fan. I forgot that Chris Speier was out at third base for Mark Berry though which may have contributed to the confusion since they haven't had a bench coach all game and he's supposed to help keep track of that sort of thing.
    Heather,

I thought it best to point out my mistake before everyone else did! HAHA mispelling it actually makes it more funny!

I think the cause of the problem is not based on any excuses but the lack of attention paid by the whole team. I knew Patterson was on deck when Kep struck out. How did the whole Reds team not know? Heck, they had a whole 5 minutes before the inning started to figure out Ross should not have been the first batter.

I don't think Dusty moved from his little corner in the dugout all game. It almost seemed he was hiding in hopes that no one noticed he was the manager.

Tally up another mental mistake by this team, this one is as pathetic as it gets.

Well Ross knew what we already knew. Patterson sucks so dont let him embarrass himself and skip him.

The Manager is responsible for this blunder - not the bench coach or anyone else in the dugout. A manager who is paid $3mil per year should never allow this to happen.

What is Bob C. thinking about his boy Dusty now?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Dusty owned up to his mistake during his post game conference. He said it was his fault and never tried to place the blame on anyone else. It was a very stupid mistake but he took the blame for it and I give him credit for that.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

part of BBN

The thing is, it seems it is always the reds year in and year out making these mistakes repeatedly.
    Now last night I listened to a bit of the STL-Mil between reds games and heard the brew crew miss a squeeze sign and lose an out at the plate late in game. It happens to everyone occasionally.
    With the reds, it is missing signs,getting picked off, runners thrown out, throwing to wrong base etc that seems to happen with far too much regularity !

Patterson makes an out without even coming to the plate, and Dusty Baker is proven to be a complete idiot, all during the span of a David Ross AB.

I'm glad it happened.

Does Patterson's out lower his BA?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Does Patterson's out lower his BA?
    you are kidding, right? or are you using irony to make your point?

Quote Originally Posted by 3bCoach View Post
    you are kidding, right? or are you using irony to make your point?
    Is that irony or sarcasim?
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

From Lance's blog today... I guess Dusty doesn't learn.

Dusty seems to have forgotten this one
    MLB.COM
    Dusty's team batted out of order in 2004
    "Baker apparently didn't communicate a double-switch to home plate umpire C.B. Bucknor, and the Cubs were accused of batting out of turn. The mistake did not hurt as the Cubs rallied for a dramatic, 11-10 win over the Cincinnati Reds."
    And he seems to have forgotten this one
    Giants bat out of order in 1998 with Dusty managing

Turn Off Ads?