Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Marlins 5/12/08

Re: Reds vs Marlins 5/12/08

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Dead horse and all that, but omg...Dunn 7th and CP still leading off.

I'm seriously ticked off I spent $500 on tix for the Dodger series next week. The good news is that I'm close enough so that Dusty can hear me...thoughts on things to say?
    Consume plenty of beer and be extremely vocal in telling Dusty where to go. There's no need to be shy or hold back either, not even if there's children around. It is Dusty Baker after all so even the children will understand.

Last edited by RedlegJake; 05-12-2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: language
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    huge double play on gonzalez...
    I doubt it

My guess is that the bottom of the order won't get on base all that much tonight either. It'll be Dusty's fault.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    It's embarrassing that CP is still leading off
    just shows the manager is hard-headed in addition to clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    That's awesome. What's the over/under on how many plate appearances Corey gets in the leadoff slot this year?
    Man, I don't know.

By this point, though, I just want to see Patterson leadoff every night. I mean we could see something historical if Patterson is the regular leadoff hitter the entire season. It could very well be the worst single season leadoff performance of all-time in baseball history.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Consume plenty of beer and be extremely vocal in telling Dusty where to go. There's no need to be shy or hold back either, not even if there's children around. It is Dusty Baker after all so even the children will understand.

Heh...

While I'm tempted, I was thinking something along the lines of "Hey Dusty...keep running out that .250 OBP that CP has leading off...way to jump start that offense!"

I have a week to improve upon it for sure.

Harang was back on that last inning. Free and easy with pitches being located right where he wanted.

It looked to me like he just had a momentary lapse of command in the first inning. A few pitches were too close to the middle of the zone and got hammered. If he avoids those types of mistakes the rest of the night, like he did in the 2nd inning, he'll keep the Reds in the game. Of course, that just means the Reds will lose 2-1.

What gets me is he is moving Junior, moves Dunn, drops Kepp down, juggles everyone BUT Patterson. Mind boggling.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Heh...

While I'm tempted, I was thinking something along the lines of "Hey Dusty...keep running out that .250 OBP that CP has leading off...way to jump start that offense!"

I have a week to improve upon it for sure.
    Looks like I picked the wrong time to come west. I had to see the Dodgers play the Mets. Maybe before then Dusty will bump his head and have an attack of common sense and you'll see CP batting 7th and Dunn in the 2 hole. Don't hold your breath though.

What gets me is he is moving Junior, moves Dunn, drops Kepp down, juggles everyone BUT Patterson. Mind boggling.
    He "juggled" Patterson. He did hit him 3rd once.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Looks like I picked the wrong time to come west. I had to see the Dodgers play the Mets. Maybe before then Dusty will bump his head and have an attack of common sense and you'll see CP batting 7th and Dunn in the 2 hole. Don't hold your breath though.
    ORH, you're making me nervous

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    He "juggled" Patterson. He did hit him 3rd once.
    True. I forgot that classic move. On a hot summer night though CP third and BP fourth would help keep the players cool. All that breeze.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    ORH, you're making me nervous
    I'm not close enough to Cincy right now to administer the bump. I can't seem to get a load out of Vegas.

This is the lineup best designed to avoid guys batting out of turn. Ross doesn't play. Patterson hits after the pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I'm not close enough to Cincy right now to administer the bump. I can't seem to get a load out of Vegas.
    There ARE worse things ya know....

re the game: Harang certainly has settled down...I really wonder why he struggles in the first inning so much...but good to see him 'find himself' since.

Turn Off Ads?