Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Marlins 5/12/08

Re: Reds vs Marlins 5/12/08

I swear, GABP is a joke. I love it for watching games, but I hope they find some money to do some major construction to make it more difficult to hit HRs. there are WAY too many balls that would be doubles or outs in most parks only to clear the fence at the GABP. I don't want them to go all Petco, but something needs to be done. This is a joke.

BTW, Thom just called Uggla the best power hitting 2B in the NL.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think trying to play small ball is a good idea in this park. Krivsky's offensive philosiphy was like putting a sqaure peg in a round hole.

The Marlins would love to play at GABP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Brantley and Thom discuss the finer points of the Rule 5 draft as Dunn makes a really nice grab on a ball in the gap to end the inning.

3-0 Fish.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Dunn makes a very nice running catch heading into the center gap to take a double away from Wes Helms.

Heading to the Reds' half of the 4th with the Marlins up 3-0.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I swear, GABP is a joke. I love it for watching games, but I hope they find some money to do some major construction to make it more difficult to hit HRs. there are WAY too many balls that would be doubles or outs in most parks only to clear the fence at the GABP. I don't want them to go all Petco, but something needs to be done. This is a joke.

BTW, Thom just called Uggla the best power hitting 2B in the NL.
    I agree, but two out of the three hit tonight were screamers/no-doubters.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I don't think trying to play small ball is a good idea in this park. Krivsky's offensive philosiphy was like putting a sqaure peg in a round hole.

The Marlins would love to play at GABP.
    Krivsky had a buttload of dumb ideas.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Its darkest before the dawn
    They're just a player or two away
    They can still turn it around

Oh the heck with it...this team is depressing

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Up until last week, I had never heard Brantley on the radio. Being back in town for a couple of weeks, I turned it on in one of the away games, and I was astonished at how bad he was trying to do play by play. I've always recognized that it's not easy and that I don't think I'd do a good job. But listening to Brantley and I think my 5 year old son could do better. It's the worst I've ever heard in my life. He's not good on TV, but that's more because he says stupid things. On the radio is pure incompetence. He has no idea what he's doing.
    Brantley's one of those guys where you can listen to him call a few consecutive innings and then have no idea what has happened in the game during those innings.

My favorite Brantley calls are balls hit into the gaps or down the lines with baserunners on base circling the bases and coming around to score. Action is going on all over the place, and Brantley isn't saying anything.

Griffey has to be the worst all-around player in baseball. There: I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Krivsky had a buttload of dumb ideas.
    A buttload?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Griffey grounds out weakly to first base on the second pitch and then Phillips singles up the middle.

Votto grounds into a fielder's choice on the first pitch. The Reds are making outs faster than I can type.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Griffey grounds out weakly to first base on the second pitch and then Phillips singles up the middle.

Votto grounds into a fielder's choice on the first pitch. The Reds are making outs faster than I can type.
    That may be one of the funniest lines ever

The entire team (sans perhaps Kepp) tries to pull everything, outside pitches and all. As long as that keeps up, expect this to continue.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Encarnacion then grounds into a fielder's choice to end the inning.

Still 3-0 Florida heading to the 5th.

Badenhop has thrown 46 pitches through four innings now for Florida. The home plate umpire was checking Badenhop's hat for a substance known as sweat; nothing was found.

Marlins catcher Rabelo pops out to shortstop, and Badenhop strikes out. Two quick outs for Harang.

Turn Off Ads?