Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need baseball advice for HS situation !

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Need baseball advice for HS situation !

Best of luck with him!

Just make sure he's having fun playing while this gets worked out.
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Just a little update on my friend.
    His team won the district and are now in regionals. Here is a write-up about the team and I am copying and paste so I am cutting out much except part on him.
    [I]COUGARS EARN TWIN CHAMPIONSHIPS

The Cougar baseball team beat Butler County 12-1 in five innings on Tuesday to claim the 12th District Championship

Cougars maul Bears
    12-1 in five innings
    By Don Brown
    News-Gazette Sports Reporter
    Published:
    Friday, May 23, 2008 2:12 PM CDT
    The Cougar baseball team left little doubt as to who was going to be the 12th District champion this year.

One night after Jordan White tied a state record with four home runs in one game in a 23-0 thrashing of Whitesville Trinity, the Cougars ran roughshod over the Butler County Bears 12-1 on Tuesday to claim the district trophy.

At the plate, the Cougars ripped three different Bear pitchers for 12 runs on nine hits. Junior Alphonso Soto was 2-for-3 on the night, including a two-run home run, and drove in four runs. Junior Adrian Board also drove in four runs with a triple and double in three at-bats.
    Then, with an 0-2 count on Denny Lasiter, Board gunned down Overstreet trying to steal second for the last out
    Scott walked and Tristan Willis singled up the middle, causing Butler County to replace Shavers on the mound with Jennings. Board gave Junnings a big Grayson County greeting by blasting a pitch to the fence in left-center that went for a two-run triple and made it 6-0.

[I][Scott singled to right to load the bases for Willis, who walked to drive in Saltsman to make it 9-1. Soto scored on a wild pitch before Board lined a pitch into the left-field corner for a double that drove in two more to make it 12-1.
    /I]

Adrian Board is the junior catcher. Incidentially, The Jordan White set a record in the one district game by hitting 4 homeruns and throwing a no-hitter in the same game.

If he is playing top notch high school competition, the scouts will be their looking at the other kids and if he is good, he will get noticed. What is his size? D-1 schools and pro scouts tend to overlook under size players. He needs to be at least 5' 9" and 160+ to get looked at IMO.

Unlike college basketball, unless your a Josh Hamilton, they (scouts, colleges) don't really start recruiting you until after your Jr. season.

The Cape Cod leagues are the best leagues in the summer, no question. I would not hesitate to go in person to a D-1 coach and ask him if he knows anyone you could contact to get him in a league this summer in the North East. Good Luck.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    If he is playing top notch high school competition, the scouts will be their looking at the other kids and if he is good, he will get noticed. What is his size? D-1 schools and pro scouts tend to overlook under size players. He needs to be at least 5' 9" and 160+ to get looked at IMO.

Unlike college basketball, unless your a Josh Hamilton, they (scouts, colleges) don't really start recruiting you until after your Jr. season.

The Cape Cod leagues are the best leagues in the summer, no question. I would not hesitate to go in person to a D-1 coach and ask him if he knows anyone you could contact to get him in a league this summer in the North East. Good Luck.
    I am not sure of weight but he is almost 5-10 and has been lifting wieghts for awhile. He is very ripped and muscular with very low body fat.

Drive him to Louisville, let them see how he does with the Bats for a week or two and then maybe he can take Ross' spot on the roster in Cincy! He can catch a ball throw to him by another player besides the pitcher can't he?

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post

You have to have completed 1 year of college elig. to play in the CCL.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    As a coach at the college level (& former HS coach)...

1. Attend as many Showcases as possible.
    2. Play HIGH QUALITY summer ball
    3. Send video (NOT highlights) to college coaches (anybody can make a highlight tape. Video of a good swing and fundamental drills is prefered).

Good Luck,6
    Agree 100,000% Show all of his fundamental skills. Hitting BP to all fields, Throwing, Blocking, Footwork, Arm, Receiving skills with framing, everything. Use the 5 tools. One of the coaches who watches it will undoubtedly use an evaluation card to grade him.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

part of BBN

Thanks again everyone.
    I am passing your info on to the father !

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

If the US doesn't work, I hear Korea is snatching up American players left and right.

Demand to be paid in Euros, though. Just for kicks.

Senor Votto

I just ran across this site. I don't know if it works or not but I doubt it would hurt to give it a shot.

http://www.berecruited.com/

Turn Off Ads?