Thread: Chiefs to ban standing during games

Chiefs to ban standing during games

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chiefs to ban standing during games

Chiefs want to take away their 12th man at home? Arrowhead gets VERY loud when everyone is up, stomping, and yelling.

Glad to hear it.

Do you have to raise your hand to ask permission to use the bathroom?
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

What's next?

Liverpool gonna ban singing "You'll Never Walk Alone"

Doesn't surprise me. The Chiefs banned enjoyment from Arrowhead last season.

That's dumb. I think standing is the best part of football. I hate how in baseball people only stand when something good is going on. It makes everybody pay attention to the game.

This is probably being taken out of context. Obviously, they wouldn't ban all standing in the stadium. In that case, everyone would just urinate in their seats. In fact, they could never leave/get to their seats unless they crawled. Even in football, it's not appropriate to stand the entire game. If you're standing every time the home team is in its huddle, you're probably annoying someone behind you.

Lets face it we have all been to games/concerts and sat behind the people who dont know when to sit and when to stand and got annoyed by it. I am ok with teams trying to reel in fan behavior. Its really to the point where I would rather stay at home than go to games and have to deal with obnoxious/drunken fans.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Lets face it we have all been to games/concerts and sat behind the people who dont know when to sit and when to stand and got annoyed by it. I am ok with teams trying to reel in fan behavior. Its really to the point where I would rather stay at home than go to games and have to deal with obnoxious/drunken fans.
    Personally, I'd rather be drunk and obnoxious while at the game, but not being an alcoholic has its rewards, too, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Personally, I'd rather be drunk and obnoxious while at the game, but not being an alcoholic has its rewards, too, I guess.
    Yeah, like...

umm...

err...

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Whatever happened to common sense? When I attend games, I like to stand up during certain key parts, but I always pay attention to the people around me. If my seat is in front of a group from the Rosie Reds who have a hard time standing up often, I might keep my butt down so as not to obstruct their view of the game. If the people behind me are young folk who are getting into the game too, I'm up. It's called courtesy.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    That's dumb. I think standing is the best part of football. I hate how in baseball people only stand when something good is going on. It makes everybody pay attention to the game.
    Knowing how much football tickets cost... why paid for a seat when all you do is stand the whole game? Or am I being too literal?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Plenty of teams already have policies like this, they just aren't strictly enforced. I was at the Reds vs. Blue Jays game last Thursday and there was a slightly intoxicated Reds fan down at the bottom of my section. He was standing there in between innings talking to some of the Reds bullpen guys who actually seemed to be getting a kick out of him (they were talking back). It ended up that he asked them for a plug of chewing tobacco so they tossed up a container to him in the stands, he got some out, and tossed it back. It was pretty funny to watch him to be honest. He wasn't doing anything to anyone to ruin their experience at the game, most people were laughing and incredulous they actually tossed up the chew to him. Anyways, the stadium attendants came down and asked him to sit down once the inning started because (and I quote what they said) "You aren't allowed to stand during the game."

I really strongly thought about complaining to those same attendants in the 9th inning when the Blue Jays were about to close out the win and everyone around was standing and clapping in anticipation of the last out. I didn't because it would just make me look like a sore loser but in my mind, a rule is a rule. If they want to enforce it in the 3rd inning then it should be enforced the same all game. Just being picky about it though, not that a team would actually enforce a rule like that at a big time in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Whatever happened to common sense? When I attend games, I like to stand up during certain key parts, but I always pay attention to the people around me. If my seat is in front of a group from the Rosie Reds who have a hard time standing up often, I might keep my butt down so as not to obstruct their view of the game. If the people behind me are young folk who are getting into the game too, I'm up. It's called courtesy.
    Exactly. I am the same way. Unless it's a really exciting or spectacular play where I jump up, I never stand unless people in front of me are standing and I cannot see. And if I am forced to stand because I can't see I will usually turn and apologize to the folks behind me if they aren't standing with a quick apology like "Sorry to block your view but I can't see because the people in front of me are also standing." It is about courtesy and common sense. If KGJ just smacked a game tying grand slam I will probably stand up and cheer into the next at bat.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

This debate happens a lot in college football towns, since you have the sections with the older alumni who either can't or don't want to stand the entire game, versus the younger fans and students who think fans should participate and not just watch. I guess in theory I can understand a "no standing" rule, but asking rabid football fans to stay comfortably in their seats on fourth-and-one is about like asking a hungry dog to ignore the steak you just threw in his vicinity. There was no such thing as a no-standing section in the big football games I went to.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Turn Off Ads?