Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Reds' Draft plans unchanged

  1. #31
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,131

    Re: Reds' Draft plans unchanged

    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Reds' Draft plans unchanged

    I'm starting to come around more on Crow. His injury risk couldn't be any worse than Lincecum's and Crow's stuff is just as good. If he's there at number seven then I would have no complaints if the Reds draft him. He's a college guy who could probably reach the majors within a year and a half like Lincecum and give the Reds another young power arm to go along with Bailey/Cueto/Volquez/Thompson.

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,827

    Re: Reds' Draft plans unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm starting to come around more on Crow. His injury risk couldn't be any worse than Lincecum's and Crow's stuff is just as good. If he's there at number seven then I would have no complaints if the Reds draft him. He's a college guy who could probably reach the majors within a year and a half like Lincecum and give the Reds another young power arm to go along with Bailey/Cueto/Volquez/Thompson.
    And the Reds could keep Harang too. Obviously, there are a lot of question marks there, but that has the potential to be a seriously dangerous rotation.

  5. #34
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Reds' Draft plans unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    And the Reds could keep Harang too. Obviously, there are a lot of question marks there, but that has the potential to be a seriously dangerous rotation.
    I meant to put Harang in there but forgot. I think he'll be around for a long time...

  6. #35
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Reds' Draft plans unchanged

    According to BA, Tanner Scheppers missed his last start due to shoulder tenderness. Scratch him off the list for the potential No. 7 pick.

  7. #36
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,149

    Re: Reds' Draft plans unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    According to BA, Tanner Scheppers missed his last start due to shoulder tenderness. Scratch him off the list for the potential No. 7 pick.
    Honestly it depends on the reason his shoulder was tender. While I obviously was no draft prospect or anything, I missed a start in high school with 'shoulder problems' because I slept on my arm wrong and just couldn't throw well that day. If it was something like that, no biggie. Time will tell the magnitude of the issue, but I don't think we can scratch him just yet until we find out what exactly was up.

  8. #37
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Reds' Draft plans unchanged

    Here's what BA said:

    • Fresno State righthander Tanner Scheppers is expected to pitch this weekend after missing his turn last weekend for the Bulldogs. Scheppers relieved in the first game of the Bulldogs’ New Mexico State series—reportedly touching 99 mph in one of his seven pitches—and then started on one day’s rest in the series finale. The next Friday, prior to his scheduled start against San Jose State, Scheppers’ shoulder was tender during his bullpen. They backed him off of that start and then tried again Sunday, but decided to back off again when Scheppers again felt some tenderness. According to Fresno State assistant coach Matt Curtis, all signs pointed to a Saturday start this weekend for Scheppers against Gabe Jacobo and Sacramento State.

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=276

  9. #38
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: Reds' Draft plans unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Here's what BA said:

    • Fresno State righthander Tanner Scheppers is expected to pitch this weekend after missing his turn last weekend for the Bulldogs. Scheppers relieved in the first game of the Bulldogs’ New Mexico State series—reportedly touching 99 mph in one of his seven pitches—and then started on one day’s rest in the series finale. The next Friday, prior to his scheduled start against San Jose State, Scheppers’ shoulder was tender during his bullpen. They backed him off of that start and then tried again Sunday, but decided to back off again when Scheppers again felt some tenderness. According to Fresno State assistant coach Matt Curtis, all signs pointed to a Saturday start this weekend for Scheppers against Gabe Jacobo and Sacramento State.

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=276
    Ouch not once but twice in 3 days! Bad sign.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  10. #39
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Reds' Draft plans unchanged

    Even worse news for Scheppers:

    Jonathan Mayo has reported in his blog and Baseball America has confirmed with two scouts that Fresno State junior righthander Tanner Scheppers has a stress fracture in his shoulder and will not be able to throw for six weeks. This is obviously a significant blow to the draft stock of a player who had a strong chance to go in the top 10 picks in June, not to mention a crippling blow to Fresno State’s postseason aspirations.

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/college/?p=407


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25