Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would/do you own any movie jerseys?

Would/do you own any movie jerseys?

The big question some of my friends, and I have been asking...
    Do you, or would you, own any jersey that was from a fictitious movie team?

Maybe a NY Knights jeresy from the Natural. A Bad News Bears Jersey. A Lakers Jersey #99, that says Fletch. Maybe a Tom Hanks jersey from A League of Their Own. Or even a Wild Thing Indians Jersey from Major League.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would/do you own any movie jerseys?

I want a Medina Sod jersey, with the name Art on the front.

you see a bunch of jerseys from Major League up here in the Cleveland area, mostly Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn and a few Jake Taylor's but only the rare Roger Dorn

I have a Bad News Bears shirt that has "Chico's Bail Bonds" on the back and I own an Adams Atoms shirt and hat from Revenge of the Nerds. I also have a Cutters 34 shirt from the movie Breaking Away and yes I am a dork.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I realize it's not a jersey, but I do own a "Speaker City" shirt from Old School. And I'd never thought of it but I would wear a Lakers "Fletch" 99 jersey. I'm actually looking on Ebay right now, that would be great for basketball leagues.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    I want a Medina Sod jersey, with the name Art on the front.
    Only 2 sizes available....

http://www.80stees.com/products/Auth...ing-Jersey.asp

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Dude I work with has the best...a Carver High School Jacket with "Salami" stitched in it.

Awesome.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    you see a bunch of jerseys from Major League up here in the Cleveland area, mostly Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn and a few Jake Taylor's but only the rare Roger Dorn
    I saw a Roger Dorn jersey here in Cincinnati last year for the Indians series.

Incidentally, if I was an Indians fan, I would own nothing but "Major League" jerseys. Ricky Vaughn, Pedro Cerrano, Jake Taylor, Willie Mays Hayes, Roger Dorn, Lou Brown -- hell, I'd even go for an Eddie Harris.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Dude I work with has the best...a Carver High School Jacket with "Salami" stitched in it.

Awesome.
    Now that is awesome. Salami and Cool were my favorite Carver High players.

I don't know many Indians fans that into Major League, other than it being a highly quotable film. The fans I know, while they enjoyed the movie, they are annoyed by the suggestion that the only way they could win a championship was in a movie. They much prefer to root for actual players who have a shot at a real championship. It helps that the current FO has done a good job of bringing guys up through the system to keep them in the hunt. Plus, if you knew Indians ownership from before the Jacobs era, Major League almost hits a little to close to home.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    The fans I know, while they enjoyed the movie, they are annoyed by the suggestion that the only way they could win a championship was in a movie.
    Some of my Tribe friends also hate that most of the movie was filmed in Millwaukee.

Some more possibilities that came to my friends and I...

Happy Gilmore Bruins Jersey
    Clark Griswold Blackhawks Jersey
    Bobby Bouchey (Waterboy) Football Jersey
    Burt Reynolds Longest Yard Football Jersey
    The Warriors Baseball Yankees looking Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I don't know many Indians fans that into Major League, other than it being a highly quotable film.
    that's strange, when I lived in the dorms almost every kid owned that movie and loved it. It might be a cultural thing with most the college kids too young to grasp the decades of losing, but I was taken to a game by the Indians this semester and saw a ton of Vaughn jerseys at the game

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post

Awesome.
    That is so freaking cool.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I'd love a Hobbs' Knight jersey, a Boucher jersey, a Rod Tidwell Cardinals jersey, a Nuke Laloosh Durham Bulls jersey and a Benjamin Franklin "Benny the Jet" Rodriguez Dodgers jersey.

And how about one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    that's strange, when I lived in the dorms almost every kid owned that movie and loved it. It might be a cultural thing with most the college kids too young to grasp the decades of losing, but I was taken to a game by the Indians this semester and saw a ton of Vaughn jerseys at the game
    That could be. I moved to the area in 1979 and have more experience with the 30+ crowd who lived through the era of bad Indians baseball. I don't think younger Indians fans understand just how plausible the movie's premise was. Of course, they were never owned by a stripper, but there were times in the pre-Jacobs era where it seemed like the Indians ownership was set on driving down fan interest to justify a team move.

The fact that Milwaukee's County Stadium served as a stand-in for Cleveland Municipal Stadium didn't help either. If you spent any time watching the Indians at the old stadium, you can the difference. County Stadium just didn't have that cavernous feel of the Indians' old home. Plus, older Indians fans have seen so much of County Stadium because of their old division ties to the Brewers that it's blatantly obvious to those who know that doesn't feel right. It's kind of like if a film about the Big Red Machine and filmed all the scenes at Busch Stadium or Three Rivers. Most people won't notice a difference, but people from the city who have an intimate knowledge of Riverfront would know and it would just make you feel weird. Kind of like the "uncanny valley" feeling you get from watching computer generated people who look almost, but not quite human.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?