Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds-Indians Weekend Series

Reds-Indians Weekend Series

Myself, Chip, and a buddy are going down this Friday. If any other RZers are heading down then and would like to meet up prior to or after the game - maybe the In-Between or Rock Bottom - then give me a PM.

Who is scheduled to pitch Friday? I'm thinking maybe Cueto? I figure since Belisle and Arroyo pitched the dbl header on Saturday they'll be pitching Wed and Thurs games. I'd like to miss Belisle.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds-Indians Weekend Series

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Myself, Chip, and a buddy are going down this Friday. If any other RZers are heading down then and would like to meet up prior to or after the game - maybe the In-Between or Rock Bottom - then give me a PM.

Who is scheduled to pitch Friday? I'm thinking maybe Cueto? I figure since Belisle and Arroyo pitched the dbl header on Saturday they'll be pitching Wed and Thurs games. I'd like to miss Belisle.
    Cueto is scheduled Friday.

Saturday looks like the game of the series...Harang vs. Carmona.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    Cueto is scheduled Friday.

Saturday looks like the game of the series...Harang vs. Carmona.
    You must have missed the Sunday matchup then...Volquez Vs. Lee. 2 Best ERAs respectively in the AL and NL head to head.

Looks like we get to see Red's "reject" (or missed opportunity) Sowers Friday.

Looks like the weather is gonna give us a "window" to get this game in before the rain moves back in for the weekend.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    You must have missed the Sunday matchup then...Volquez Vs. Lee. 2 Best ERAs respectively in the AL and NL head to head.
    Ah, when I looked the Sunday matchup hadn't been posted.

I can't begin to describe how much I hate interleague play. I used to be indifferent, but man, I hate it now.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

With another hitter in the lineup, this will give Dusty a chance to hit Dunn 8th or 9th.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I can't begin to describe how much I hate interleague play. I used to be indifferent, but man, I hate it now.
    I normally like it, but the Reds have a brutal interleague schedule this year - vs Indians, vs Red Sox, at Yankees, at Blue Jays, at Indians. It's not right that the Reds face all those great teams and other teams in the division get to play the Royals and Orioles.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    With another hitter in the lineup, this will give Dusty a chance to hit Dunn 8th or 9th.

Awesome.
    Of course the favorite son will still bat leadoff, gotta help him out of his slump.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Interleague means I can see the Reds play the Indians on TV this weekend and might be able to check them out when the Reds come up here. Even taking that into consideration, I would prefer the Reds had more games against teams like the Dodgers, Braves, Giants, and Phillies than the annual interleague games. I would love it if they dumped interleague and went with a more balanced schedule. I think it gives the Reds more games against historic rivals like the Dodgers and Braves and makes the Wild Card race a bit more fair.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I'm seeing Sunday's game...Lee v. Volquez, should be good stuff.

I too, hate interleague play. It makes me feel like a traitor going to one of these games with a indians fan friend...supporting interleague.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I found a taker for the Saturday tickets I have, but I've still got three tickets for tonights game. PM or send an email if you want them.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

The Indians offense has been arguably worse than ours to date this season.

I expect our arms to wake up the Tribe's bats...

Although, it would be poetic justice if by some magical alignment of the Sun, the Moon, the Earth and the stars the Reds won both series against the Indians, and the Indians went on to not only make the playoffs, but win the World Series. Or maybe it would just be ironic. Regardless, I'd be amused.

Awesome.
    You say that like it's a bad thing. His walks should play well in the 9 hole.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing. His walks should play well in the 9 hole.

We prefer to call him our second leadoff hitter.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?