Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Which Players Would You Try To Move Or Trade

Which Players Would You Try To Move Or Trade

If you were Jocketty which player or players would you try move or trade in an attempt to upgrade the Reds team?

Which areas of the team would you be looking to upgrade, infield, catchers, outfield, pitching, bench, ? .

Infielders - Votto, Encarcion, Keppinger, Phillips, Hatteberg
    Catchers - Bako, Ross, Valentin
    Outfielders - Hairston, Freel, Griffey, Patterson, Dunn

Pitchers
    Harang, Volquez, Cueto, Arroyo, Cordero,
    Affeldt, Burton, Bray, Lincoln, Weathers, Belisle, Fogg

Minor League AAA
    Infielders - Kevin Barker, Luis Bolivar, Andy Green, Paul Janish, Andy Phillips, Adam Rosales
    Catchers - Colina, Hanigan
    Outfielders - Bruce, Dickerson, Cabrera, Anderson

Pitchers
    Bailey, Lehr, Shearn, Maloney, Pettyjohn, Adkins,
    McBeth, Herrera, Pelland, Mallett, Brower, Coffey, Majewski

Minor League AA
    Infielders - Griffin, Anderson, Valaika, Gil, Eyemann, Gutierrez
    Catchers - Tatum, Kroski
    Outfielders - Cumberland, Strait, Henry, Szymanski

Pitchers - Thompson, Roenicke, Ramirez, Jukich, Hrynio, Manuel, Viola,
    Lutz, LeCure, James, Avery, Fisher

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Which Players Would You Try To Move Or Trade

Looking into the future,we are likley OK at first, second, third and right field.

We need to upgrade at SS, cather, CF and LF. Unless Dunn is resigned.

It's critical going forward for us to have a very successful team, that we need upgrades to our fielding.

In the minors, we may have a viable CF in Stubbs, and a viable LF in Frazier.
    BUt they wouldn't be available,even if they progress,for awhile.

There does not appear to be any catcher or SS down there who is likely to be the answer, though we will shortly find out about Janish.

So, I would target a young catcher and SS in any trade.

I would be trying to move GRiffey big time. And unless Dunn is going to be resigned, try and move him after June 15 (or before with his consent).

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Looking into the future,we are likley OK at first, second, third and right field.

It's critical going forward for us to have a very successful team, that we need upgrades to our fielding.

There does not appear to be any catcher or SS down there who is likely to be the answer, though we will shortly find out about Janish.

I would be trying to move GRiffey big time. And unless Dunn is going to be resigned, try and move him after June 15 (or before with his consent).
    Agreed. Frazier and Stubbs won't be ready until 2010 (at the earliest.) We can sign free agents at LF and CF as stopgaps.
    Go BLUE!!!

1. 100% agree on the fielding issue. I would like to see a team where everyone is at least competent and the key positions (SS/CF/C) are above average.

2. Finding a catcher is critical. Ross and Javy don't get it done. Bako has been great so far but lets be realistic about his production going forward.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    If you were Jocketty which player or players would you try move or trade in an attempt to upgrade the Reds team?

Which areas of the team would you be looking to upgrade, infield, catchers, outfield, pitching, bench, ? .

Infielders - Votto, Encarcion, Keppinger, Phillips, Hatteberg
    Catchers - Bako, Ross, Valentin
    Outfielders - Hairston, Freel, Griffey, Patterson, Dunn

Pitchers
    Harang, Volquez, Cueto, Arroyo, Cordero,
    Affeldt, Burton, Bray, Lincoln, Weathers, Belisle, Fogg

Minor League AAA
    Infielders - Kevin Barker, Luis Bolivar, Andy Green, Paul Janish, Andy Phillips, Adam Rosales
    Catchers - Colina, Hanigan
    Outfielders - Bruce, Dickerson, Cabrera, Anderson

Pitchers
    Bailey, Lehr, Shearn, Maloney, Pettyjohn, Adkins,
    McBeth, Herrera, Pelland, Mallett, Brower, Coffey, Majewski

Minor League AA
    Infielders - Griffin, Anderson, Valaika, Gil, Eyemann, Gutierrez
    Catchers - Tatum, Kroski
    Outfielders - Cumberland, Strait, Henry, Szymanski

Pitchers - Thompson, Roenicke, Ramirez, Jukich, Hrynio, Manuel, Viola,
    Lutz, LeCure, James, Avery, Fisher

Every name bolded is a guy that is moveable, IMO. Bailey's the only borderline, but if a good offer is out there for him, you at least have to listen and then assess how it helps the team. I almost bolded Dunn, but I'm steadfastly convinced that his greatest value to the Reds is to remain a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    2. Finding a catcher is critical. Ross and Javy don't get it done. Bako has been great so far but lets be realistic about his production going forward.
    I might be the only one who doesn't think its that critical. I'm happy with a couple of catch-and-throw guys.

I'd prioritize centerfielders and shortstops.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

I think I'm in agreement with Highlifeman on this one. We need definite upgrades at C/SS to be able to compete at all next year. I would like to see us keep Dunn, he has a nice OBP and isnt as bad as we think. What this team is lacking is some RH OF pop to bat either in front or behind him. Any of those in bold should be at least mentioned in trade talks, these are guys that I would like to pursue either during the season, or in FA.

C-Kelly Shoppach(CLE) Michael Barrett(SD) Gerald Laird(TEX)

OF-Pat Burrell(PHL) Rocco Baldelli(TB) Coco Crisp(BOS) Matt Kemp(LAD)

SS-Adam Everett(MIN) Khalil Greene(SD)-not much pop from either but excelent gloves....but I would like to give Janish a try!

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

We all pretty much are saying the same thing.

Kepppinger and Gonzalez are both alright, but not championship caliber, so SS is a concern. Trade Gonzalez and look for the right deal for short. Until that time Keppinger can be an adequate fill-in until we do, and then he can be used nearly everyday somewhere

The catchers are horrible (Ross and Javy already are and Bako will come down to earth eventually). Of course, that's a tough position to fill, so that may be Jocketty's biggest job.

We need to do something soon about our glut of outfielders. Dunn and Griffey will probably be gone next year one way or another and you're left with Hopper, Freel, Patterson, and Hairston to fill those two positions. oh yeah, and Jay Bruce, but you can see that two of the three positions could be filled with not the best choices. That would make keeping Dunn possible, but if you do, you need to let someone go.

The club does not need Josh Fogg or Matt Belisle. I'd just as soon see Homer get bombed. At least he has an upside. I would also look at upgrading the bullpen. I'm not impressed with Lincoln, Burton, or Bray like many folks and Weathers is just about worn out.

To me, it looks like a total rebuild.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Looking to the future:

Our 'catcher of the future' is in A ball. We have some suspects in AA/AAA.

Our 'CF of the future' is in A+. Dickerson is in AAA.

We have Gonzo under contract for 2009. We have Kep, Janish & Valaika.
    IMO the catcher and CF poisitions are more important than SS.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

check out who has played SS for the last few World Series Champions...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Julio Lugo, David Eckstein, Juan Uribe, Edgar Renteria
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Turn Off Ads?