Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday May 14 Minor League Game Updates

Re: Wednesday May 14 Minor League Game Updates

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I want to know what the FO people see that with? Keppinger doesn't strike out. Valaika strikes out about 3-4 times as much as Keppinger does. While that rate is still plenty acceptable, that is a huge difference between the two. Both guys do use the whole field and Valaika certainly has more power.
    idk I guess they mean with the increase in power comes the increase in K's, but both still make contact and hit to all fields

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love when I see a minor league thread with multiple pages because I just KNOW it contains some Jay Bruce ridiculousness.

Enjoyed the Louisville game today, although I had to move because the stadium was filled with yelling kids for education day. My gf and her friend skipped because of the rain, so I decided to go by myself.

Coffey needs to stay in AAA for a long time.

Bruce's triple was surprising because the CF badly misplayed his line drive, as he did with other balls hit to him. The CF hit the wall looking terrible on that play.

I thought Bruce's double was hit better than his HR. Hit off the CF/RF gap wall.

Bruce's HR was a nice sharp hit, though it barely went over the left centerfield wall ("Power Alley").

Jay chased after a few off-speed in the dirt, but he got two walks, so that was nice. Phillips and Bo Hall got shelled. Seriously it looked like batting practice pitches just lobbed in there.

I don't know if any of you all watched the game, but what I liked the most was how Bruce played (I believe) Jason Lane's hammered liner off the RF wall off Coffey. He got himself positioned well to play the ball off the wall, and quickly threw a strike to the cut-off man, so Lane had to stay at 1B for the single.

Good game for Lehr again, and nice win against Miley and the Yankees.

Last edited by AccordinglyReds; 05-14-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Jay Bruce is such a bad man, he makes Pablo Escobar look like a saint.

I'd bring him up on Friday for the beginning of the Cleveland series. Why not?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I've been thinking that may be the date. Its a game that I plan on going to anyway, but I just don't know whether I should get my tickets in advance.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

I keep thinking about picking him up for my fantasy bench, just in case. In the Yahoo Fantasy Leagues, he's already owned by about 20%.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Jay Bruce's home runs are cannot be measured, becasuse the ball is shattered to pieces once struck by the bat.

isnt Jay's middle name still "friggin"

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Because the Reds are cheap. The Indians series are already great sellers. They will wait until another game to get 35,000 tickets sold. Bank on that.

Because the Reds are cheap. The Indians series are already great sellers. They will wait until another game to get 35,000 tickets sold. Bank on that.
    They brought Bailey up during the Indians series last year.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    They brought Bailey up during the Indians series last year.
    Valid.... shows what I know (and I was at that game too). They also were able to announce it nearly a week in advance too though, so they could build up ticket sales to actually two premium games. He was originally scheduled for the Saturday game, but after two days they moved him to the Friday game.

Brandon Waring is 1-for-1 with a single.

BRING BRUCE UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't take much more of Patterson. Sadly, Griff needs to DH in Seattle too.

Turn Off Ads?