Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Reds vs Marlins 5/14/08

Re: Reds vs Marlins 5/14/08

Oh, my SS has a first name....
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Oh, my SS has a first name....
    Impeccable timing 44!!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    I felt the exact same way. Just something about it, the stars were aligned. I love me some baseball.
    every Marlins fan felt the same way

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Pipp.

Jeff Pipp.
    The rare double pipping. Gonzo to Kepp to Janish.

Good game with the exception of the ever present poor relief pitching. You Janish got his day in the sun and I'm happy for him, but it should'nt have come down to that.

The offense seems to be coming back. The enthusiasm seems to be back. Everything is alligned for a better last 122 games except for pitching. Poor decisions have left us with Josh Fogg, Mike Lincoln, Kent Mercker, and Matt Belisle. Hopefully, Mr. Walt will be ready to take action soon.

Until then, we avoided the dreaded massacre like 2005's game against the hated Cardinals. For that we should be thankful.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I had to leave for work right before Ross hit his home run, so does anyone have a link to Janish's hit?

I'll be able to see it tonight on Reds Live, before the game, and during the game but I'd like to see it before then if possible. It's not on Youtube yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    I had to leave for work right before Ross hit his home run, so does anyone have a link to Janish's hit?

I'll be able to see it tonight on Reds Live, before the game, and during the game but I'd like to see it before then if possible. It's not on Youtube yet.

Thanks
    It's up on the Reds website in the game story.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

You can also see the video here on ESPN's game story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280514117

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I'm sure Weathers closes tonight if the Reds are in that position. Cordero needs a couple nights off.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

The Reds are 3-0 since I moved to day shift. The change may have been good for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    The Reds are 3-0 since I moved to day shift. The change may have been good for everyone
    Also 3-0 since the game threads came back. I think that's what has brought the turnaround!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I hope this game was enough to show that there's no such thing as a "soft" run.

Great game.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I'm sure Weathers closes tonight if the Reds are in that position. Cordero needs a couple nights off.
    I thought it was a mistake to bring in Cordero last night after he had pitched the night before. I thought this BEFORE he gave up the lead. At the time I was thinking of who else Dusty could have pitched and couldn't really come up with anyone. ie who is our closer if Cordero can't go? Affeldt??

Turn Off Ads?