Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How good is Josh Hamilton?

How good is Josh Hamilton?

Today he came up to bat with a man on 3rd for the 12th time this year.

For the 12th time this year that player scored. 12 for 12 this year in getting a guy in from third base.

Dunn did it yesterday and the day before, and those two runs were so very important in the REDS' winning their games. It was wonderful to watch. They are the type of runs that keep momentum going, that lift up a team. Hopefully that becomes the norm from now on from Dunn (Junior, take note) instead of the exception, and hopefully, he finally understands "situational" baseball.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How good is Josh Hamilton?

To answer the question.... very.

About as good as Edinson Volquez.

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post

Of whom I'd rather have.

I'm going to miss Wayne Krivsky so much.

No doubt I would rather have Volquez than Hamilton. Even if Volquez ends up in the say 3.00-4.00 ERA range this year, pitching is more important and thus it was a good move for the Reds.

A question I have...since I no longer live in the Cincinnati area...is how good is Jay Bruce? Is he Gary Redus 25 years later, or is this kid better.

I get to see Josh play every day here in Arlington. If he can keep himself clean, he will be very successful here with that short porch in right.

Senor Votto

Imagine this team if they could've had Hamilton AND Volquez without giving up Bruce. Hamilton = No Corey Patterson so that's a plus.

A few people in observing him have tossed out comparisons like Larry Walker and Jim Edmonds, offensively. That's probably best case scenario, but I would say he should be a good bit better than Redus.

Josh Hamilton is just incredible, but as we have seen, so is Volquez. Josh Hamilton is as, if not more powerful than Dunn. He can make good contact. He plays good defense. He has the best arm in Major League baseball. I would love to have seen what kind of numbers he could have put up if he didn't have his addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Josh Hamilton is just incredible, but as we have seen, so is Volquez. Josh Hamilton is as, if not more powerful than Dunn. He can make good contact. He plays good defense. He has the best arm in Major League baseball. I would love to have seen what kind of numbers he could have put up if he didn't have his addiction.
    Therein lies the problem. He could be right now as we speak(type?) lighting up a crack pipe. As a result he has to literally be babysat like my 5 year old son. He has tremendous talent and should have been a perennial All-Star by now but he is a timebomb waiting to go off and it could happen at any time. The Reds made a good trade and got themselves a very good young starting pitcher who is dominating right now. The Rangers got themselves a young hitter who also is dominating but who is one mistake away from possibly losing his career if not his life. The Reds had to make the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Roush View Post
    A question I have...since I no longer live in the Cincinnati area...is how good is Jay Bruce? Is he Gary Redus 25 years later, or is this kid better.

I get to see Josh play every day here in Arlington. If he can keep himself clean, he will be very successful here with that short porch in right.
    Bruce is a freak and will be everything we hoped Adam Dunn would be and more.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Who?

Move on, please.

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Roush View Post

He has been compared by scouts to Ken Griffey Jr and ARod.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy View Post
    He has been compared by scouts to Ken Griffey Jr and ARod.
    i haven't heard this comp. Where did you hear this one?

Turn Off Ads?