Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brett Wallace at pick #7?

Re: Brett Wallace at pick #7?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Hum, makes sense. What about then one of those arms in the top 10ish in the 1st and hope Kelly could fall to us in the 2nd? Or do we have a sandwich pick this year???
    The Reds have to wait until slot #84 to make their second pick (the #53 pick goes to the Brewers for Coco Cordero). Kelly probably wouldn't drop to #53 anyway.

Here's the official list of the picks in the first four rounds. Given that the Reds have a top pick and then a long wait, I'm hoping the franchise isn't afraid to go above slot value to get what it deems the top talent on the board.

(Sorry, I was posting when you typed in the revision.)
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brett Wallace at pick #7?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm hoping the franchise isn't afraid to go above slot value to get what it deems the top talent on the board.

(Sorry, I was posting when you typed in the revision.)
    Agreed. And I hope that signability scares Alvarez or Smoak down to #7 (though I doubt it). Either Beckham, too.

As for Casey Kelley his bat scares me. He sounds like an infield version of Drew Stubbs - very athletic toolsy HS kid with everything but questions about his bat. I'm sick of that - take the best bat and figure out where he'll fit defensively. If the Reds draft a position player I'm concerned with his bat first and foremost. The Reds are too adept at good glove no bat draft picks.

Turn Off Ads?