Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking Adam Dunn on the All-Time Career Home Run List

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: Tracking Adam Dunn on the All-Time Career Home Run List

Terrific thread, love reading it. If anyone doesn't, well, change the channel...
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

After considerable debate and hand wringing we decided to keep threads like these open. Please don't make us close them again by arguing why this is or is not a legitimate thread. Leave that decision to the mods, Boss and GIK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Outstanding updates, AD. I look forward to future updates so please keep them coming.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I'll be sorely disappointed if we lose this thread. It's a great read every couple of days to stroll down memory lane and remember some of the players Dunn happens to be passing with his HR totals.

GL

High five!

Thanks for the AD updates, AD!

Thanks to all of you that have posted your enjoyment of the thread. I appreciate your comments. It takes a lot of work to create the updates and bios but the fact most people appreciate it makes it a fun job.

Now I feel tons of pressure to make the posts live up to your expectations!

I am working on the next update for homer #282. It is going to be a long post because Dunn caught three famous players with his latest dinger. I am also adding a new wrinkle or two to the updates that I think you will find interesting.

If you have any ideas to improve the thread please let me know. Also, if you have any extra anecdotes or information about Adam Dunn, his homers, or especially the players he is passing please feel free to post them in this thread.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Just an idea here, but I think this would be a wonderful book. I'm not kidding. Mini-biographies on the top HR's hitters of all time as a truly great HR hitter passes them by.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Thanks to all of you that have posted your enjoyment of the thread. I appreciate your comments. It takes a lot of work to create the updates and bios but the fact most people appreciate it makes it a fun job.

Now I feel tons of pressure to make the posts live up to your expectations!

I am working on the next update for homer #282. It is going to be a long post because Dunn caught three famous players with his latest dinger. I am also adding a new wrinkle or two to the updates that I think you will find interesting.

If you have any ideas to improve the thread please let me know. Also, if you have any extra anecdotes or information about Adam Dunn, his homers, or especially the players he is passing please feel free to post them in this thread.
    AD: Did you read my suggestion about hosting the pics that you post in your own photobucket account? Some of the earlier pictures have disappeared because the website that they were linked from has removed them and/or changed the link.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    AD: Did you read my suggestion about hosting the pics that you post in your own photobucket account? Some of the earlier pictures have disappeared because the website that they were linked from has removed them and/or changed the link.
    *Baseclogger* and others told me they mostly ignore anything you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    *Baseclogger* and others told me they mostly ignore anything you suggest.

The Clogger is a wily little bugger.

Ever since he passed me in the fantasy league I have refused to talk to him...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Did Dunn hit a HR while wearing the Majestic snafu jersey the other night?

Thanks again AtomicDumplig, keep up the good work, I love this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Yes. I realize that is a problem. I will look into Photobucket for sure.

Wow AD, great posts.

One quibble:

In the ensuing game, O'Neill does hit two home runs, but one of them is an inside-the-park home run, so the little boy Kramer is trying to appease is not totally satisfied.
    In fact, the boy is at first happy with the inside-the-park home run, but then the announcer says that it is being scored a triple with a throwing error!

Dunner is off to an amazing start, as he's hitting .310/.508/.667 - 1.175 OPS with 17 walks to nine strikeouts.

If he stays healthy, Dunn has a chance to put up some scary numbers in his career. I'm talking 600+ homers and 1500+ walks. Only nine players in the history of the game have hit 500+ homers and walked 1500+ times. Right now, Dunn is at 282 homers and 814 walks.
    Agreed. Also, interesting to note that Dunn has struck out 11 times this year. The Hairston/Dickerson platoon of awesomeness has struck out 16 times. That will be a fun number for me to track this year, after decades (seemingly) of listening to Marty talk about how Dunn's strike outs were killing the team.

Turn Off Ads?