Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we need to start a fan boycott to get Bruce up?

Do we need to start a fan boycott to get Bruce up?

It's simply not fair for the kid.
    The Reds conversations must go something like this...
    Jocketty to Bruce, "Sorry Jay, but you need to raise that .366 average if you want to make it to the Bigs!"
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Do we need to start a fan boycott to get Bruce up?

Um, have you watched any of the home games lately??? The fan boycott is pretty much already happening...

Good point!
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by scounts22 View Post
    Um, have you watched any of the home games lately??? The fan boycott is pretty much already happening...
    That was my first thought when I read the header!
    If I was living back in Ohio, I would be there in the stands, no boycott for me.
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

2014 record:
    GABP: 1-0 Wrigley: 1-1

I think Marty is the biggest reason attendance is down. He is the person that most Reds fans get when they don't live in the Cincinnati area. This team hasn't been good but he works for the Reds and he does a poor job of selling the product. If people far away are listening to him and all he's doing is complaining and beating this team down, then people aren't going to pay $3.95 a gallon to drive 2.5-3 hrs for a ballgame. I've enjoyed this series on the radio because I've been able to listen to Kelch (sp?). Marty is a grump old man that is getting hard to listen to, and most fans have adopted his way of thinking when it comes to the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    I think Marty is the biggest reason attendance is down. He is the person that most Reds fans get when they don't live in the Cincinnati area. This team hasn't been good but he works for the Reds and he does a poor job of selling the product. If people far away are listening to him and all he's doing is complaining and beating this team down, then people aren't going to pay $3.95 a gallon to drive 2.5-3 hrs for a ballgame. I've enjoyed this series on the radio because I've been able to listen to Kelch (sp?). Marty is a grump old man that is getting hard to listen to, and most fans have adopted his way of thinking when it comes to the Reds.
    I think the product on the field has more to do with it than Marty's grumpy ways.

Don't get me wrong, the product hasn't been good but he's not helping matters. I'm sick of his meaningless opinions, he should just call the game and promote the product. If he wants to have an opinion, he should join Redszone.

NOBODY GOES TO THE GAMES ANYWAY!!!!
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Don't get me wrong, the product hasn't been good but he's not helping matters. I'm sick of his meaningless opinions, he should just call the game and promote the product. If he wants to have an opinion, he should join Redszone.
    Where I live, I hear a lot of Cubs radio broadcasts, and that happens to be Pat and Ron. Ron Santo is a huge homer that is obnoxious to listen to if you aren't a Cubs fan (me being one).
    I prefer Marty's telling it like it is ways (while he is a lot grumpier in the last few years and how he harps on the same stuff over and again annoys me). He could be better, but I can deal with it. And when he is actually doing the PBP, I think he is about as good as it gets.

To clarify, I am definitely not a Cubs fan. I reread this post and it sounds like I said I am one. This is definitely not the case. I have to work too many hours to be a Cubs fan.
    Last edited by EddieMilner; 05-15-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: i am not a cubs fan.

just liek everything in life.. people hate hearing from people who tell them like it is..

I don't think Marty tells it like it is. I think Marty tells it how he feels. He's very inconsistent with his comments. This is my first baseball season with XM radio and I would much rather hear someone call the game and try to make it enjoyable to listen to... I think Marty goes overboard with his comments.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

We have a three game winning streak going right now and yet people are STILL complaining about stuff. The blown save sucked last night but the walk off win was just incredible and a big boost to the team. Can't we just enjoy the good ride right now and moan and groan about things later!? :thumbdown
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

This is my first baseball season with XM radio and I would much rather hear someone call the game and try to make it enjoyable to listen to...
    The Reds have someone like that...George Grande. His goal is to not be offensive and paint a rosy picture.

I'll take Marty.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I don't think Marty tells it like it is. I think Marty tells it how he feels. He's very inconsistent with his comments. This is my first baseball season with XM radio and I would much rather hear someone call the game and try to make it enjoyable to listen to... I think Marty goes overboard with his comments.
    I could not agree with you more. I only listen to the Cincy broadcast as a last resort. Bought season tickets so I can see home games versus hear the call on local radio(which was growing increasingly more intolerable), and away games you can hear the other teams broadcasters on XM and mlb.com gamedayaudio. There are a lot of other games I'll listen too, b/c I know the broadcaster calls a good game. The Milwaukee home broadcast is one of the best IMO, with Bob Uecker of Major League fame. I like the St Louis and LA Dodger broadcast teams too. I highly recommend checking out the Yankees broadcast for a quick laugh, as the lady who does color there is like nails on a chalkboard nagging you, almost impossible to listen too.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    We have a three game winning streak going right now and yet people are STILL complaining about stuff. The blown save sucked last night but the walk off win was just incredible and a big boost to the team. Can't we just enjoy the good ride right now and moan and groan about things later!? :thumbdown
    I agree. We just ran a sweep of the division leaders in the NL East. However I think we can still see future problems on the horizon. So while in the immediate things are great great it doesn't mean we should stop trying to make the proper adjustments for the rest of the year.
    "You can't handle the truth!"

Turn Off Ads?