Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Radio Broadcast

Reds Radio Broadcast

Not sure if anyone posted about this or not. but it is my first chance to try and get the answer to the following questions...help me out if you can.

I listened to the Reds Marlins game the other night to hear someone else with Marty in the booth...I thought the guy did an incredible job and actually Marty sounded better than I had heard him sound in years.

Who was he?

Why was he in the booth?

Where were the other high priced announcers the Reds hired?

Is this a temporary thing or is it longer term?

Thanks to anyone who can give me any insights.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    /r/reds

Re: Reds Radio Broadcast

Thanks..

Mods, go ahead and kill this thread if you would, please
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Re: Reds Radio Broadcast

Jim Kelch is his name. He is going to do about 14 games this year. He is normally the Louisville announcer. He is basically there just filling in while others take some time off. I actually thought with him working both radio and TV had the perfect crews. It was Marty and Jim Kelch on the radio and Thom and Jeff Brantley. I though both those pairings were great. Unfortunately we will be back to George and Chris soon. Chris does not bother me much but I can't stand listening to George doing TV.

Turn Off Ads?