Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baseball America's first mock draft has Reds selecting...

Re: Baseball America's first mock draft has Reds selecting...

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    G Beckham 1 and Casey Kelley 2 would be a nice set of picks to start the draft but I don;t know if Kelley will last that long
    The Reds don't have a 2nd round pick to select him with (Cordero).

2. Turn Off Ads?

mlb-draft.com (I don't know how good of a source that is) has the Reds picking Brian Matusz in their latest mock. That would be nice. They put Skipworth and Gordon Beckham in earlier slots. Crow at 8.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    mlb-draft.com (I don't know how good of a source that is) has the Reds picking Brian Matusz in their latest mock. That would be nice. They put Skipworth and Gordon Beckham in earlier slots. Crow at 8.
    I would do cartwheels if Matusz fell to the Reds but it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    The Reds don't have a 2nd round pick to select him with (Cordero).
    I saying 3rd round with pick #83, Kelley won't make it there, likely not Cutter Dykstra either

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I would do cartwheels if Matusz fell to the Reds but it's not going to happen.
    Me too! I'd love Matusz! He'll never get past the O's from what I've heard

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I saying 3rd round with pick #83, Kelley won't make it there, likely not Cutter Dykstra either
    At #83 I really want Riccio Torrez 2B 6-0 190 R/R He gets the ultimate compliment from scouts by being called a real "baseball player." He's a five-tool player, with the bat as the only plus one. Defensively, he'll make for a good second baseman as a pro and has a very mature makeup. His brother is the second baseman at ASU and he is committed to the same school. Torrez can flat-out hit the baseball. He uses excellent bat control and makes solid contact, usually up the middle and the other way. He's got a short and compact swing.

I know we got ourselves a 2nd baseman but I really like this kid, and I think he could be moved around as we see fit

Yeah I wouldn't mind Torrez at 83. I heard the term "baseball rat" used to describe him. I like that. A guy who eats sleeps and breathes baseball and hits like dynamite. Cuter Dykstra draws comps to his dad except he's bigger and stronger while still as fast and Kelly is an all round good athlete. I'd be happy with any of them at 83.

Yeah I wouldn't mind Torrez at 83. I heard the term "baseball rat" used to describe him. I like that. A guy who eats sleeps and breathes baseball and hits like dynamite. Cuter Dykstra draws comps to his dad except he's bigger and stronger while still as fast and Kelly is an all round good athlete. I'd be happy with any of them at 83.

Turn Off Ads?