Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamilton 5-5 with 2 HRs tonight

Hamilton 5-5 with 2 HRs tonight

49 RBIs in 43 games. Wow! IF Volquez wasn't doing so well they'd be calling for Krivskey's head - oh. wait!!! Didn't matter!

Unbelieveable.

Could be one of the most amazing trade ever!
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hamilton 5-5 with 2 HRs tonight

while i'm happy we have volquez, people outside of redsland have to wonder why we traded hamilton. 49 RBIs and it only mid may! i hope volquez continues to pitch as well as he has or people may start turning on him quick.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

I'm really happy for Josh and happy the Reds have Volquez. I don't think I've sen a trade where both players were so dominant for their new teams. Volquez ties the record for consecutive 1 ER or less starts and Hammy knocking in about everything Texas puts on the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    49 RBIs in 43 games. Wow! IF Volquez wasn't doing so well they'd be calling for Krivskey's head - oh. wait!!! Didn't matter!

Unbelieveable.

Could be one of the most amazing trade ever!
    I love it that he is having a great season. I can't wait to see the total performance for the year. The guy is an interesting story.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I have Hamilton AND Volquez on my fantasy team

As much as I'd love to be seeing him do this in GABP, I like watching Volquez mow down hitters just as much. In a few years this could be a really awesome trade to look back on.

They might face each other in the first inning of the All Star game at this rate.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Hamilton is amazing; go watch the clips of his great night on mlb.com- his swing right now is so pure- baseball poetry.

I'll always be a fan of Hammy's, but the Reds still need MORE PITCHING!!

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I have Hamilton AND Volquez on my fantasy team

As much as I'd love to be seeing him do this in GABP, I like watching Volquez mow down hitters just as much. In a few years this could be a really awesome trade to look back on.
    I picked up both in late rounds - voulquez in last round so I'm right with you.
    I can't help think boy could we have traded Griffey, Free, Hopper or package of other guys and kept both. . It's nice to see both do so well. If both continue this for the year and go on to be studs this will be one of the most interesting deal EVER. Fun to watch though.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Before Hamilton packed his suitcase to head to Texas, he should have borrowed one of Brandon's old "The Franchise" T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    while i'm happy we have volquez, people outside of redsland have to wonder why we traded hamilton. 49 RBIs and it only mid may! i hope volquez continues to pitch as well as he has or people may start turning on him quick.
    I won't turn on them. The Reds needed pitching and they got it. I supported the deal and will live with it. I had no doubts about Josh;s potential, It will be interesting to see if he stays off the DL.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 05-17-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Last year Hamilton had a .922 OPS for us.

Before last nights game, Hamilton had a .886 OPS for Texas, but he raised it 80 points tp .966.

He really isn't hitting much better this year than last, but is staying healthy and getting lots of playing time.

His OPS with runners on base is .931, with runners in scoring position is .929.

So, his RBI's are really a function of the hitters hitting around him getting on base, which is generally the case.

He's having a great season, but so is Volquez.

Texas came calling for Hamilton, it's not like they came looking to move Volquez.

For those who like stuff like this...Josh's home/road splits are slightly outrageous:

Home: .414/.747/1.161
    Away: .320/.447/.767

Though he is having a ridiculous year, his numbers probably wouldn't be the same in Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    For those who like stuff like this...Josh's home/road splits are slightly outrageous:

Home: .414/.747/1.161
    Away: .320/.447/.767

Though he is having a ridiculous year, his numbers probably wouldn't be the same in Cincy.
    The Ballpark at Arlington projects that much differently as an offensive haven than GABP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

Texas came calling for Hamilton, it's not like they came looking to move Volquez.
    I didn't hear who started the discussions....was that in the Enquirer?

men on/ 2 outs...he's OPS'ing 1.267 w/ 20 ribeyes in 38 ab's

He's also OPSing .902 vs. lefties

(yahoo has his OPS w/ runners on at 1.022?)
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    The Ballpark at Arlington projects that much differently as an offensive haven than GABP?
    Texas home/road OPS splits:

2008: .839/.742
    2007: .792/.717
    2006: .803/.765
    2005: .850/.747

Cincy home/road OPS splits:

2008: .776/.737
    2007: .793/.751
    2006: .812/.726
    2005: .816/.755

Take it for what it's worth, but obviously Hamilton has mashed at home and is less than stellar on the road this year.

Turn Off Ads?