Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 1990 World Series game 3 on XM Radio

Basement-Dwelling Blogger JinAZ's Avatar

1990 World Series game 3 on XM Radio

Not sure if anyone is around, but XM Radio is playing the 1990 World Series Game 3 right now. I'm taking measurements on photographs of bug eyes tonight, so this is a nice treat.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Re: 1990 World Series game 3 on XM Radio

Is this on homeplate?
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Yep, XM 175. If you have a subscription, they're streaming it over the internets.

Reds just finished having their way with Mike Moore...
    -j

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

How did they call Rickey Henderson's drop in the outfield just out of curiosity? I think the Reds were actually given a hit on that play, but that was an error. Or maybe Rick did get an E, I can't remember for sure. I just remember going crazy when the ball went off his glove because I knew the game was pretty much over.

They need to sell the '90 Reds DVD if they don't already. Every inning of all four games. Not just some highlight mix. I want every inning with maybe a mix of TV and radio announcers calling the action. That would be great. I'd pay top-dollar for something like that. Same thing with the '75 and '76 Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    How did they call Rickey Henderson's drop in the outfield just out of curiosity? I think the Reds were actually given a hit on that play, but that was an error. Or maybe Rick did get an E, I can't remember for sure. I just remember going crazy when the ball went off his glove because I knew the game was pretty much over.
    You know, I hate to admit it, but I think I zoned out for that moment. Measuring bug eyes while listening to a game is kind of like driving a car while listening to a game. It doesn't take much concentration. And a lot of the time, I'm right there with the game. Other times a half-inning will go by and I don't know what happened. At least, that's they way my brain works.

They need to sell the '90 Reds DVD if they don't already. Every inning of all four games. Not just some highlight mix. I want every inning with maybe a mix of TV and radio announcers calling the action. That would be great. I'd pay top-dollar for something like that. Same thing with the '75 and '76 Series.
    Amazon has some 3rd-party people selling the VHS compilation. I'm tempted, but it's been so long that I don't even know if my VCR still works. I agree though, I'd pay pretty decent money for a DVD set of the 1990 games. I'd love to have the NLCS vs. the Pirates in that same set too--pretty fantastic series. -j

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post

Here's the 1975 World Series from deepdiscountdvd.com. I bought this through them a couple of years ago. It's the enitre games as they were broadcast on NBC. It's only about $32 for the whole set. It's cheaper now. I think I paid something like $46 then. It's certainly worth it for any Reds fan.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/The-Cinc...VVviewprod.htm
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?