Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening"

Re: M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening"

You're not the only person who gets weirded out by religious tones in films, Dom. Some people take it even worse.

Last summer I got out of a screening of Sunshine, the least religious movie you can see, and because of one line the "villain" says about God at the very end, this old white dude throws his hands up in the air, pissed off, as he walks out and says "Great! Another movie about a stupid [person] who talks to God!" I thought it was hilarious because just the word God pushed this old man over the edge. Imagine if the film actually contained a hint of pro-religious undertones? He might have exploded out of pure rage.
    Last edited by macro; 05-28-2008 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Masked profanity

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lady in the water was EXTREMELY and flamboyantly gay.

Let's ease away from any further comments that may be construed as discussion of religion, please.

So I just got back from seeing the flick. I won't give any spoilers, but it was nothing short of awful. Its not the worst movie I've ever seen, buts its not any good. I highly suggest waiting for DVD if you want to see this one. At least it wasn't worse than Unbreakable....

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    So I just got back from seeing the flick. I won't give any spoilers, but it was nothing short of awful. Its not the worst movie I've ever seen, buts its not any good. I highly suggest waiting for DVD if you want to see this one. At least it wasn't worse than Unbreakable....
    That's odd. A lot of people think that Unbreakable was Night's best film. I liked Unbreakable. So if you didn't like Unbreakable and you didn't like this movie.....I guess I'll have to go see it to find out if it's any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That's odd. A lot of people think that Unbreakable was Night's best film. I liked Unbreakable. So if you didn't like Unbreakable and you didn't like this movie.....I guess I'll have to go see it to find out if it's any good.
    I remember having very high expectations for Unbreakable, and I wasn't thrilled with it at the time. I was pretty young when I saw it, I'd like to see it again now. But this one was definately not good. Only thing that saved it was some humorous lines by Marky Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That's odd. A lot of people think that Unbreakable was Night's best film.
    This is the first time I've heard that. And I'm sure it will be the last. Unbreakable was decent, but it's not in the same ball park as The 6th Sense.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Unbreakable is easily Shyamalan's best film to date.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Unbreakable is easily Shyamalan's best film to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Indeed. By far my favorite.
    Last edited by JayBruce4HOF; 06-14-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I liked Sixth Sense and Signs. Absolutely LOVED Unbreakable. My favorite Shyamalomadingdong movie. He talked about being asked to do a sequel in interviews but decided against it. He would be well-served to reconsider that decision. (Assuming he can still get a movie with that size budget made after this movie hits. )

Unbreakable is my favorite Shyamalan film as well.

Don't get me wrong, I liked 6th Sense and Signs, but Unbreakable is the movie that best holds up to repeated viewings.

Oh yeah: I saw this movie last night and it was a total abortion. Some of the worst dialog that I have ever heard in any movie, much less a major studio production.

Unbreakable was his best. Signs was decent. the 6th Sense is probably good if you don't figure out the ending 15 minutes into the movie, otherwise there's no suspense and it becomes extremely boring.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce4HOF View Post
    Oh yeah: I saw this movie last night and it was a total abortion. Some of the worst dialog that I have ever heard in any movie, much less a major studio production.
    True. The only thing that saved any face for me was the pharmacy joke.

This movie got such bad reviews I refused to go see it. It can't be good if it gets a 20% on rottentomatoes.

Turn Off Ads?