Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are there any other Reds message boards?

Re: Are there any other Reds message boards?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    You gotta be careful man. I know a few people on here that actually got ran for saying borderline stuff. No warning, nothing. They just run you and you're gone for good.
    That's absolutely false. Our rules are clearly defined at the bottom of every page on RZ (perhaps you should read them). Only clear violations of the rules result in an added infraction point(s). Also, we don't "run you and you're gone for good". When a poster earns five infraction points, that poster is given a week suspension. If a small infraction takes that poster from 4 to 5, then yes, there is a suspension without without additional warning. However, I'd like to think that the previous infraction points already fulfilled the warning requirement.

Please take some time to understand how this board operates before you use your time to bash it. Don't be afraid to PM any of the mods or admins. We'll gladly take some time to address any of your concerns or questions.
    Last edited by paintmered; 05-19-2008 at 06:52 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Please take some time to understand how this board operates before you take your time to bash it. If you have questions, send any of the mods or admins a PM. We'll gladly take some time to address any of your concerns or questions.
    Agreed - there's so many completely false statements in the first 30 posts in this thread, I don't even know where to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    That's absolutely false. Our rules are clearly defined at the bottom of every page on RZ (perhaps you should read them). Only clear violations of the rules result in an added infraction point(s). Also, we don't "run you and you're gone for good". When a poster earns five infraction points, that poster is given a week suspension. If a small infraction takes that poster from 4 to 5, then yes, there is a suspension without without additional warning. However, I'd like to think that the previous infraction points already fulfilled the warning requirement.

Please take some time to understand how this board operates before you use your time to bash it. Don't be afraid to PM any of the mods or admins. We'll gladly take some time to address any of your concerns or questions.
    I disagree. Sometimes rules aren't as clear as they seem.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I also insulted someone without using bad language and my warning meter went up 20%.........couldn't believe it
    Think about this for a second...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    On two different occasions I sent a PM to a Moderator (Heath). It was with regards to shutting down threads in the Sun Deck and also about Sun Deck members not being able to post in the Game Threads. Each time I heard no response. So while you may gladly take some time, some mods will not take any time for me. And each question was stated respectfully and kindly. It made me feel as if I wasn't important enough to deserve a response.

As a member of this forum for quite a while, I would agree that they don't dispense warnings or anything of that nature without necessity.

That being said, the attitude that is perceived by everyone outside the ORG is not a good one. Rules which alienate Reds fans who have never posted a single malicious post and have been members for 2 years should not exist, as they are by definition self-defeating. Having a minimum post count is archaic and unfair. I know I'm not the only reader who fits my mold either.

I'm more of a reader, and less of a poster, although I have MANY times found myself reaching down to click "Reply" only to realize I'm not part of the old boys' club. I appreciate the mods on this forum striving to keep it clean, positive, and interesting, and they have done so; it is far greater than the cesspool other baseball forums liken to. That being said, I fail to see the need for elitism AND a warning system. It seems to me that they are both good systems, but are completely redundant when used simultaneously. If a poster is malicious, ban him. Don't keep good posters out of the forum because they don't talk as much as everyone else.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

So much of this thread is completely false and baseless accusation I hardly know where to start. Some are legitimate concerns. I'm not a mod or admin (I was recently privileged to become a game thread mod but my moderating is only good for those threads) but this is my two cents worth (and worth about that much, too)

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    I don't see any difference in negativity or knowledge of the Reds on either forum, but hey, thats just me. I guess to the site operators, we're second class, go figure.
    If you can't see any difference in the quality then why does it matter to you? Post in the SD. Make good posts. Soon you'll be in the ORG. The SunDeck is a good forum, too, not for "second class" but to get to know posters first.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    I think the site owners also have to be pretty realistic about which team is being covered here too, and realize WHY its negative. ...

The point? It's really hard not to get fed up with the same thing every single year. I can see where the site owners are coming from not liking the negativity. If you run a site you see the same thing over and over again every day and you just want to shut people up, but you can't change the opinion of a jaded fanbase. Whenever this team becomes a true contender, I bet it suddenly turns into a lot happier place. There's no substitute for winning.
    It does get happier when the Reds win but win or lose is no reason for rudeness, personal attacks, foul language or beating the same topic to death. In my experience the only time negativity gets a poster in trouble is when it combines baiting, rudeness or a personal attack on a player or another poster. The admins and mods are huge Reds fans, too. The losing is just as hard for them to watch as it is for all of us. You'd think the losing would make us band together rather than attack each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    Game threads were recently taken away completely, seeing as even ORG couldn't keep them civil, now they're back for ORG only with some added rules.
    No rules were added - a few guidelines were suggested and more game thread mods added. The rules are the same as the regular board.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I also insulted someone without using bad language and my warning meter went up 20%.........couldn't believe it.
    So its okay in your book to insult people as long as you don't cuss? This isn't "Celebrity Roast" If insults are your style go to the Enquirer board.

Quote Originally Posted by ReMarK View Post
    I don't know if I have ever posted or not...I am one of those people that read a lot and doesn't really post all that much....Edit:Ah! Low and behold, joined 2 years ago, 1st post...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred97 View Post
    ....I usually only read posts anyway. So I guess it doesn't matter that much to me.
    Seriously, you've made your first post in 2 years so where is the problem? You can read all you want. See bigred's remark above. He gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    I've said worse than that, Jay. They know how I feel. There's no justification for some decisions other than "it's my site and I'll do what I want." I'm not being rude or disrespectful, just stating the obvious. They already kicked me off ORG within a few months of playing the game to get enough rep points when that was the carrot that was dangled. Now it's less objective and it's just beg and plead and maybe, just maybe you'll get in. I don't have my picture anymore under my name, but I do still have some degree of dignity. I ain't interested in begging. Sometimes people here disagree with me and vice versa, but I'm proud to be associated with you guys in the Sun Deck.
    Since they own the site they CAN do what they want. And its completely false that begging and pleading are needed to get in ORG. Insightful posts, civility and contributions beyond noise are your ticket. I might also point out that the site's mods and admins don't elect ORG members although they have a vote. The membership does. The owners and admins have never vetoed a voted in member, either.

You gotta be careful man. I know a few people on here that actually got ran for saying borderline stuff. No warning, nothing. They just run you and you're gone for good.

But you're right.... the class system.. haha. No game threads. It's ran a little bit like old Germany
    Totally false. The only people banned have been through the infraction process or they tried to use the board to spam members and promote commercial interests. And the old Germany thing is an asinine comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxhall41 View Post
    I hear you. Can you at least have post-game threads here? I would like to discuss today's game and make some observations. It feels as though you are forbidden to talk about the actual games.
    You can certainly discuss the games afterward. If there aren't any post game threads then start one up and post your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    ....There are great posts in the sun deck and terrible posts in ORG. I really don't get it and would love to have someone explain it to me.
    Very simple. Make great posts in the SunDeck and you'll become a member of the ORG. As for ORG's terrible posts there are some for sure. And if they are rude, baiting, or attacking they get docked points, too.

....here we have a poster that has over 1,300 posts, has obviously been here a long time; but at the same time he hasn't been 'allowed' to talk in the ultra-exclusive forum. I also got a 'warning' the other day for using a borderline derogatory word in which I blanked out most of.... i.e. I called jim edmonds a word that rhymed with "rick". I mean, come on.
    1300 or 130 doesn't matter. It's quality. Are there a few posters in SD who should be in ORG? Yes. And in time they'll be there. But a lot of posts might mean just a lot of noise, too. As for your Edmonds comment. Good for the mods. If you consider that word "borderline" I disagree. It's filth. Not everyone wants to tolerate filth just because it's alright by you.

but then they couldn't feel superior and exercise any type of power over anyone... and that's not what they want.
    If they feel like I do reading this, they can't help it.

....There's not a human being on this earth that knows baseball or the Reds better than me. Not to sound confident but it's my life.
    Confident wasn't really what came to mind when I read this...

All the complaining (not that I disagree) about the rules and the "alienation" will not change a thing. Feel free to start a message board where we are all created equal if you don't like it.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    On two different occasions I sent a PM to a Moderator (Heath). It was with regards to shutting down threads in the Sun Deck and also about Sun Deck members not being able to post in the Game Threads. Each time I heard no response. So while you may gladly take some time, some mods will not take any time for me. And each question was stated respectfully and kindly. It made me feel as if I wasn't important enough to deserve a response.
    I didn't get either of these messages.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    So much of this thread is completely false and baseless accusation I hardly know where to start. Some are legitimate concerns. I'm not a mod or admin (I was recently privileged to become a game thread mod but my moderating is only good for those threads) but this is my two cents worth (and worth about that much, too)

If you can't see any difference in the quality then why does it matter to you? Post in the SD. Make good posts. Soon you'll be in the ORG. The SunDeck is a good forum, too, not for "second class" but to get to know posters first.

It does get happier when the Reds win but win or lose is no reason for rudeness, personal attacks, foul language or beating the same topic to death. In my experience the only time negativity gets a poster in trouble is when it combines baiting, rudeness or a personal attack on a player or another poster. The admins and mods are huge Reds fans, too. The losing is just as hard for them to watch as it is for all of us. You'd think the losing would make us band together rather than attack each other.

No rules were added - a few guidelines were suggested and more game thread mods added. The rules are the same as the regular board.

So its okay in your book to insult people as long as you don't cuss? This isn't "Celebrity Roast" If insults are your style go to the Enquirer board.

Seriously, you've made your first post in 2 years so where is the problem? You can read all you want. See bigred's remark above. He gets it.

Since they own the site they CAN do what they want. And its completely false that begging and pleading are needed to get in ORG. Insightful posts, civility and contributions beyond noise are your ticket. I might also point out that the site's mods and admins don't elect ORG members although they have a vote. The membership does. The owners and admins have never vetoed a voted in member, either.

Totally false. The only people banned have been through the infraction process or they tried to use the board to spam members and promote commercial interests. And the old Germany thing is an asinine comment.

You can certainly discuss the games afterward. If there aren't any post game threads then start one up and post your comments.

Very simple. Make great posts in the SunDeck and you'll become a member of the ORG. As for ORG's terrible posts there are some for sure. And if they are rude, baiting, or attacking they get docked points, too.

1300 or 130 doesn't matter. It's quality. Are there a few posters in SD who should be in ORG? Yes. And in time they'll be there. But a lot of posts might mean just a lot of noise, too. As for your Edmonds comment. Good for the mods. If you consider that word "borderline" I disagree. It's filth. Not everyone wants to tolerate filth just because it's alright by you.

If they feel like I do reading this, they can't help it.

Confident wasn't really what came to mind when I read this...

I'm not going to even take the time to write out a response to all this that you've blabbered out. Honestly, it's not worth it and I can tell it wouldn't do any good. You don't want to see it any way but yours. Good day.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I didn't get either of these messages.
    I wrote to you on the Sun Deck & Game Threads on 5-9-08 at 1:47 PM.

I was incorrect that I had sent you a PM twice. The other one was sent to Joseph on 4-17-08 at 9:22 AM. I received no reply to either.

Sorry I said you received two PMs when it was only, one. I was mistaken on that after checking.

I understand why some are frustrated that they can not participate in the game threads, but when we implemented that policy, we made it extraordanarily clear from day one that the decision was made 1). after much consideration and 2). was not going to change for reasons GIK, I and other moderators have posted ad nauseum since the change was made.

I'm not going to even take the time to write out a response to all this that you've blabbered out. Honestly, it's not worth it and I can tell it wouldn't do any good. You don't want to see it any way but yours. Good day.
    Do you have anything constructive to add to this board? As someone else already pointed out, if you are even half as unhappy as you claim to be, no one's forcing you to visit here.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

After the separation of posters--I was first insulted; but did eventually got over it. There is no better message board than this one to discuss our Redlegs. As far as ORG vs. Sun Deck; I'm ok with the current system--the chat is a nice feature for game discussion--I even had an ORG member at the Columbus carvan stop mention he would try to "rep" me for ORG status--I told him thanks, but dont even bother....I'm cool as is...

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    I wrote to you on the Sun Deck & Game Threads on 5-9-08 at 1:47 PM.

I was incorrect that I had sent you a PM twice. The other one was sent to Joseph on 4-17-08 at 9:22 AM. I received no reply to either.

Sorry I said you received two PMs when it was only, one. I was mistaken on that after checking.
    Eddie, my apologies.

I closed the thread you PMed about because I felt it was a bit of a 'Haha! ORG sucks!' more than anything else. Just my personal opinion on it overall, and the board is divided enough [as evidenced by the piling on that has happened in this thread] and I didn't want more fodder to keep a breach growing.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?