Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Happy Right Now

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Very Happy Right Now

We've pushed our record to 21-23, I believe. 6 game win streak including a sweep of our hated rivals. Many people thought this season was already over but it's obviously not by a long shot. I only got to see the first 5 innings of today's game as I had to play in a baseball game of my own this afternoon. I was obviously thrilled to see we won when my game was over.

Can this continue? Yeah, I think it can. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that we actually will lose again this year but I think our recent good play is not an aberration.

Bronson's thrown much better lately. If he can just be a 4.50 ERA-type of guy than he's going to help us. I think he's turned the corner somewhat and will put a nice string of starts together. His breaking stuff was biting quite nicely against the Fish.

Adam Dunn is heating up. Finally. He's had some great swings lately. I am hesitant to predict that this will force Dusty to move him up in the order but it may just happen.

I think JC's last start was a bit of a transitional one. He came out gangbusters and was then brought back down to earth in a big way. He then pitched very well against CLE for the most part. I think he probably became more confident after that appearance and hopefully he'll carry that forward and start being nasty again. He's still missing bats and he's still not walking people. Two very good constants.

EV is awesome - you all know that. I just wish he could pitching more efficiently but that's almost like me saying Jennifer Aniston needs a better haircut - she's pretty doggone hot and I'm picking at nits in both instances.

EE's defense has really come a long way. It's clear he's made that a priority.

Wasn't I told that Paul Janish couldn't hit? I have been ridiculously impressed with him. I love the guy.

Brandon Phillips appears well on his way to another 30/30 season. I will always be grateful to Wayne Krivsky for he and EV.

Of course, we do still have some problems....not a perfect team yet....

Corey Patterson is still a lousy leadoff hitter and he's clearly not going anywhere.

Matt Belisle is still the 5th starter and I see no reason to believe he's going to do anything but get tatooed until he is replaced.

Junior..I know he had a nice single today but he's otherwise lost at the plate. Really tough for me to watch because I love JR.

Our bullpen sans FC & Affeldt is still a mess. Lincoln's come back down to earth in a big way, Jared Burton seemingly gives up at least one ER each time out and Bill Bray has been, at best, average since being recalled.

Anyways, all things considered, I'm very excited right now. This season has gone from a total wash to interesting in 6 days.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Very Happy Right Now

I am excited as well. BTW, Burton had a solid outing today. Hopefully this means this bullpen can get things going again. I was in fear of the bullpen losing this one even before the game started. I think Weathers has lost it as well. Thankfully we have been winning in spite of these problems though.

Within in a few months, Belisle will be gone and one of the other minor leaguers, and one maybe not named Homer, will be in the 5th spot. Wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Within in a few months, Belisle will be gone and one of the other minor leaguers, and one maybe not named Homer, will be in the 5th spot. Wouldn't surprise me.
    I think that other minor leaguer will be Thompson. He's impressed everybody so far, and should be up here before you know it.

Yep, I believe Thompson and possibly Lehr will get their shots before Homer.

part of BBN

I agree with the original post on most counts.
    My biggest concern right now is the BP. Affeldt got hit today but I feel pretty confident with him and Cordero in there.
    Burton is sorta 50/50.
    Weathers seems to cause you several fingernails on a consistent basis.
    Lincoln has leveled off and Bray I am still hoping puts it together.

I'll be satisfied going 4-3 on the western swing. If we can make it back home 1 game under, things will be looking up. Anything more is gravy.

If we can be 3-4 games over .500 at the break(which looks obtainable), we can make a push.

I completely agree with you. I think Arroyo is back on track from whatever was wrong with him. He is still a very good pitcher in this league and should win 12-15 games with support. His E.R.A will be in the 4's. Hopefully Grif will get his bat going when others cool off and we need him most. I've been waiting all year to get on one of these streaks, and here's to it not being over yet!

6 days can do wonders can't it? Myself and 6 of my friends went down to the game yesterday, and it just seems like a totally different atmosphere in the ballpark. And... we're not in last place anymore

Paul Janish Looks pretty good so far.Looks like he has a good eye and if
    thats what there teaching in the minors.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Paul Janish has 4 hits in 5 AB's, lets not go Sign him to Derek Jeter Money just yet...

And he is 25 years old...

I still worry about Belisle, Lincoln, Fogg, Patterson, and EE...

Edwin left 4 runners on Base today...

I will tell youwhy the Reds win today... Only 3 strikeouts.... They have been making contact.

ORG Infidel

I too am excited. I get married and the Reds get hot. Maybe I should stay on this honeymoon until October.

This team will continue to give games away as long as Dusty gives Weathers the ball in tied games or games in which the Reds are ahead 1 run. Stormy is good for giving up at least 1 in every outing it seems. I think that a mixture of Bray/Affeldt in the 7th and Burton in the 8th is the best set up option for this team.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

All pissed away in the course of three disgraceful days of baseball.

Does the team need to invest in a West Coast shrink?

Turn Off Ads?