Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Livan Hernandez

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Livan Hernandez

    Don't look now, but he's 6-2 for Minnesota and actually pitching pretty well so far.

    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=115817
    Who's on first?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,079

    Re: Livan Hernandez

    I didn't realize he was only 33, seems like he should be about 38 by now.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,162

    Re: Livan Hernandez

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I didn't realize he was only 33, seems like he should be about 38 by now.
    He probably is. Just ask Miguel Tejada and that kid from the LLWS a few years back about dominican aging practices.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: Livan Hernandez

    Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Don't look now, but he's 6-2 for Minnesota and actually pitching pretty well so far.

    http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=115817
    No way that dude is 33. Maybe 43.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,079

    Re: Livan Hernandez

    I always thought he was in his prime when he defected from Cuba, guess it shows what I know. But still, 33 or 37,38 he has been pretty effective and would be a solid pickup to replace Belisle, Fogg, or whoever we throw out there.

    However, I wouldnt mind seeing some other youngins getting some chances before the deadline.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: Livan Hernandez

    I remember when Livan would consistently throw 100+ pitches, more often than not in the 120's, and no one blinked an eye.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    539

    Re: Livan Hernandez

    I remember when this board flipped out at the idea of the Reds signing Livan Hernandez like he was Eric Milton or someone.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25