Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Livan Hernandez

Livan Hernandez

Don't look now, but he's 6-2 for Minnesota and actually pitching pretty well so far.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=115817

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Livan Hernandez

I didn't realize he was only 33, seems like he should be about 38 by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I didn't realize he was only 33, seems like he should be about 38 by now.
    He probably is. Just ask Miguel Tejada and that kid from the LLWS a few years back about dominican aging practices.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Don't look now, but he's 6-2 for Minnesota and actually pitching pretty well so far.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=115817
    No way that dude is 33. Maybe 43.

I always thought he was in his prime when he defected from Cuba, guess it shows what I know. But still, 33 or 37,38 he has been pretty effective and would be a solid pickup to replace Belisle, Fogg, or whoever we throw out there.

However, I wouldnt mind seeing some other youngins getting some chances before the deadline.

I remember when Livan would consistently throw 100+ pitches, more often than not in the 120's, and no one blinked an eye.

I remember when this board flipped out at the idea of the Reds signing Livan Hernandez like he was Eric Milton or someone.

Turn Off Ads?