Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The whole avatar thing.... isn't it a bit much?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

The whole avatar thing.... isn't it a bit much?

I can understand wanting to make posters earn their way into the ORG and it's fine by me. There's still another quality forum to enjoy discussing Redlegs. I can even deal with the fact I can't start threads.

But the whole 'you can't have an avatar by your name unless you're in ORG'.

What is up with that? I would like to hear the reasoning behind it.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The whole avatar thing.... isn't it a bit much?

Bandwidth... but hey you know everything about the Reds so you probably knew that too.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Bandwidth... but hey you know everything about the Reds so you probably knew that too.
    I do know a lot about the reds. Why do you take offense to that
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

It's the "there's not a human being on this planet" thing, but I've already made up my mind so why do I bother replying?

Man JB32, you seem to dislike a lot about the board. Why visit then?
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

You forget that this is a board that is owned by someone. Someone who is allowed to make their own rules and guidelines. Believe it or not the grand interweb isn't a place where people just get to come and do whatever they want, whenever they want.

There are rules in life, there are rules on the internet, you should probably just learn to accept that at this point.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    You forget that this is a board that is owned by someone. Someone who is allowed to make their own rules and guidelines. Believe it or not the grand interweb isn't a place where people just get to come and do whatever they want, whenever they want.

There are rules in life, there are rules on the internet, you should probably just learn to accept that at this point.

(Except for Raisor, correct? He is exempt from all rules, both in life and on the internet.)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I have a question for Boss then regarding this. If its truly a bandwidth concern, is there a feature that would allow users (in all forums, not just those outside the ORG) to host their own avatars? There are plenty of free places to do so (photobucket for starters) and that could certainly cut down on the bandwidth of the site and it could also allow all users, regardless of posting privileges to use an avatar. Just a thought on the topic that I would toss out there.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I have a question for Boss then regarding this. If its truly a bandwidth concern, is there a feature that would allow users (in all forums, not just those outside the ORG) to host their own avatars? There are plenty of free places to do so (photobucket for starters) and that could certainly cut down on the bandwidth of the site and it could also allow all users, regardless of posting privileges to use an avatar. Just a thought on the topic that I would toss out there.
    I'd have absolutely no problem with that if there was a way to allow everyone to only use avatars from external sites (without also allowing them to upload their own avatar), but after doing some digging, it looks like the option is either both on or both off.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I'd have absolutely no problem with that if there was a way to allow everyone to only use avatars from external sites (without also allowing them to upload their own avatar), but after doing some digging, it looks like the option is either both on or both off.
    I'd rather be a board full of information, then a technicolor maze of sound and fury signifying nothing.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I'd rather be a board full of information, then a technicolor maze of sound and fury signifying nothing.
    But yet you add to the "technicolor maze of sound and fury signifying nothing" by having an avatar yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    But yet you add to the "technicolor maze of sound and fury signifying nothing" by having an avatar yourself.
    I actually think "technicolor maze of sound and fury signifying nothing" describes Don Cherry about as accurate as possible without using four lettered rants.

My thing are the sig line avatars that are bigger than the posts themselves.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post

My thing are the sig line avatars that are bigger than the posts themselves.
    I guess I'm in the dog house then.

Turn Off Ads?