Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    7. REDS. Projected Pick: AARON CROW. When Crow put together a 43-inning scoreless streak early in the season, he looked like the top candidate to go No. 1, and Cincinnati would be thrilled if he somehow made it this far. One rumor that won't die pairs the Reds with Florida high school righthander/shortstop/quarterback Casey Kelly, who would be a bit of a reach. Casey's father Pat manages the organization's Rookie-level Gulf Coast League affiliate.

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...08/266117.html
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    26

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    I'd certainly take Crow over Tim Melville. But I don't see Crow dropping to us.
    "He [Janish] is a true shortstop, but Jerry's doing a great job offensively and we've been having trouble offensively," Baker said. "You've got to have some offense to replace a key offensive guy."
    -Dusty Baker, 5/15/08 while Corey Patterson raises his OBP to a whopping .276 and Jay Bruce's .984 OPS sits in Louisville

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Krovvy Red View Post
    I'd certainly take Crow over Tim Melville. But I don't see Crow dropping to us.
    Aaron Crow even has a COOL Pitchers Name... Sounds Good to Me

    Is Posey a Catcher?

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    26

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    Yeah, Crow is a cooler name. But it's not hard to sound cooler than "Tim Melville". It just sounds like the last guy you want on the mound for you. "Alright, we're playing the Cubs tonight. Ah crap! Melville's going for us."

    Of course no pitcher's name can be worse than Homer.

    And yeah, Posey's a catcher. Quite a good one, too.
    "He [Janish] is a true shortstop, but Jerry's doing a great job offensively and we've been having trouble offensively," Baker said. "You've got to have some offense to replace a key offensive guy."
    -Dusty Baker, 5/15/08 while Corey Patterson raises his OBP to a whopping .276 and Jay Bruce's .984 OPS sits in Louisville

  6. #5
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    then again, Melville could be a whale of a player
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    26

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    then again, Melville could be a whale of a player
    I'm so mad I missed that one. Kudos to you, good sir.
    "He [Janish] is a true shortstop, but Jerry's doing a great job offensively and we've been having trouble offensively," Baker said. "You've got to have some offense to replace a key offensive guy."
    -Dusty Baker, 5/15/08 while Corey Patterson raises his OBP to a whopping .276 and Jay Bruce's .984 OPS sits in Louisville

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Aaron Crow even has a COOL Pitchers Name... Sounds Good to Me

    Is Posey a Catcher?
    Posey was a SS until 2 years ago. Talk is he would have been a mid 1st rounder had he stayed at SS. He's a 5 tool guy.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,235

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    Awesome ending for me if we get Kelly (deosnt sound likely though), as I have followed his career the last year or so, there was a possibility of him coming to UNC to play his college ball, was recruited for F-Ball and baseball. I was disapointed when he ended up not coming here, but it would be cool to pick up on following him again with my fav baseball team.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    26

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    I doubt he'll drop that far, but what if the Brewers got Kelly with their comp pick for Cordero? Doesn't mean anything, just ironic.
    "He [Janish] is a true shortstop, but Jerry's doing a great job offensively and we've been having trouble offensively," Baker said. "You've got to have some offense to replace a key offensive guy."
    -Dusty Baker, 5/15/08 while Corey Patterson raises his OBP to a whopping .276 and Jay Bruce's .984 OPS sits in Louisville

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    132

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    I'd rather have Cordero than a second round pick. The Draft is a crapshoot, Cordero is as solid a closer as you can have. You'd be lucky if you get a player in the second round with Cordero's impact.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    26

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    I'd rather have Cordero than a second round pick. The Draft is a crapshoot, Cordero is as solid a closer as you can have. You'd be lucky if you get a player in the second round with Cordero's impact.
    I didn't mean it as a reflection on the Cordero signing. I just thought it would be ironic if we saw Kelly go somewhere else (which is going to happen anyway) as a result of something the Reds did.
    "He [Janish] is a true shortstop, but Jerry's doing a great job offensively and we've been having trouble offensively," Baker said. "You've got to have some offense to replace a key offensive guy."
    -Dusty Baker, 5/15/08 while Corey Patterson raises his OBP to a whopping .276 and Jay Bruce's .984 OPS sits in Louisville

  13. #12
    Gary Redus Ruled
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Albion NY
    Posts
    461

    Re: Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

    Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    Posey was a SS until 2 years ago. Talk is he would have been a mid 1st rounder had he stayed at SS. He's a 5 tool guy.
    Hes all Bowden then
    Hoping for another Reds October


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25