Phillips 2b
    Dunn lf
    Votto 1b
    Hairston ss
    Bako c
    Arroyo p

V. RH Brad Penny

posted by John Fay at 7:14 PM

Patterson not leading off and Dunn moved to 5th. Getting closer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lineup May 19, 2008

I see an automatic loss. The CFer is batting second and the SS is batting 7th. No way we can win when that happens. The CFer has to bat FIRST!!!!
    Who's on first?

I'd switch Patterson and Hairston but that looks ok to me.

I would switch Patterson out with Bruce, but hey thats me...

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I'd switch Patterson and Hairston but that looks ok to me.
    I could live with Patterson if Baker ever realized that Patterson SUCKS and bats him 7th or 8th or 9th. He's the only real complaint I have this lineup but I can live with it if the rest of it picks up for Mr. Automatic Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I could live with Patterson if Baker ever realized that Patterson SUCKS and bats him 7th or 8th or 9th. He's the only real complaint I have this lineup but I can live with it if the rest of it picks up for Mr. Automatic Out.
    Don't you realize that as Dusty has said, Patterson will eventually get on a hot streak and raise his OBP from .273 to his career .297?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Don't you realize that as Dusty has said, Patterson will eventually get on a hot streak and raise his OBP from .273 to his career .297?
    That still freaking sucks. Corey Patterson at his best is still at best a 4th outfielder that should NEVER hit higher than 7th and will still be known as Mr. Automatic Out.

I know a lot of you don't like CP in the lineup, but he is Mr. Automatic Out in both his offense and Defense. He is playing a very good Defensive CF. I agree with batting him
    7th in this lineup, but a lineup of CP in CF and Bruce in RF will be productive both ways. Don't hate too hard.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Quote Originally Posted by fugowitribe View Post
    I know a lot of you don't like CP in the lineup, but he is Mr. Automatic Out in both his offense and Defense. He is playing a very good Defensive CF. I agree with batting him
    7th in this lineup, but a lineup of CP in CF and Bruce in RF will be productive both ways. Don't hate too hard.
    He losses any value he has defensively by being given 5 attempts at bat to get 5 outs almost daily, he is lucky to still be in baseball after the craptacular career hitting he has. Like I said before I can deal with him being in the lineup but you are costing yourself oppertunities any time he bats high in the order. No amount of defensive prowess can make up for that.

Turn Off Ads?