Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No reason to bat Janish in the 2 hole

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

No reason to bat Janish in the 2 hole

If you are going to start Paul Janish, a below .240 hitter in his minor league career, you might not want to hit him No. 2. I'm thinking the No. 8 spot would be ideal for a hitter of his acumen.

I actually like Dusty, but I'm starting to see what some of his bashers are saying. Bat by far the worst hitter in your lineup second? Wow.

And for a "great defensive player" Janish better step it up defensively.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: No reason to bat Janish in the 2 hole

Corey Patterson and Paul Janish is the worst top of the order in the majors. Hands down.

Janish is 4 for 6 in his very limited major league career; his numbers in the minors aren't great but let's at least give him a chance to prove himself. Still, putting him in the 8 hole would be a good idea for now.

Threadworthy?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Janish is 4 for 6 in his very limited major league career; his numbers in the minors aren't great but let's at least give him a chance to prove himself. Still, putting him in the 8 hole would be a good idea for now.
    I hope Dusty is not making lineups based on a sample size of six MLB at bats. Everyone knows Janish is the worst hitter (pitchers not included) on the 25-man roster. So why not bat him in the No. 2 hole. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Threadworthy?
    I asked Elaine Benes and she said it was not only threadworthy but spongeworthy as well.

Our 1/2 hitters should be hitting 7/8
    Go Gators!

I'm one of Dusty's biggest supporters, but this is sillly.. of course, he'll probably prove Dusty is a genius and get 3 hits..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I hope Dusty is not making lineups based on a sample size of six MLB at bats. Everyone knows Janish is the worst hitter (pitchers not included) on the 25-man roster. So why not bat him in the No. 2 hole. Brilliant!
    There are some pretty bad hitters on the Reds 25 man roster; I am not ready to call Janish the worst just yet.

Corey Patterson takes offense to someone saying Janish is a worse hitter. Let the kid earn his stripes.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Dusty played in the 70's...... Frank Duffy was the leadoff hitter for CLE in 1974....Eddie Brinkman and Aurelio Rodriguez were 1/2 in the order for the Tigers. Dave freaking Chalk batted leadoff for the Angels.

That's what you get with baseball mangers who lived in 70's baseball.

The Reds were the team of the 70’s to emulate and their shortstop and centerfielder did not hit first and second if I recall correctly. Some utility player who played about every position led off, a guy named Rose. I thought a second baseman batted second and a right fielder batted third, Dusty has that part right as far as position player.

The manager of that day knew something about winning and winning championships and he had his batters that could actually hit the ball or work a walk batting one, two. His weak batters batted down in the order.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 05-20-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Ummm... Hello? He plays Shortstop. Duh! What else do you want from a #2 hitter. C'mon Dude. This stuff ain't that hard.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Dusty is making his lineups based on a sample size of: always bat the SS second.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    The Reds were the team of the 70’s to emulate and their shortstop and centerfielder did not hit first and second if I recall correctly. Some utility player who played about every position led off, a guy named Rose. I thought a second baseman batted second and a right fielder batted third, Dusty has that part right as far as position player.

The manager of that day knew something about winning and winning championships and he had his batters that could actually hit the ball or work a walk batting one, two. His weak batters batted down in the order.
    I find this very confusing. What do Corey Patterson and Pete Rose have in common besides, well, laundry? Are you saying Dusty knows what he's doing or doesn't?

EDIT: Never mind... I just read the post before yours. Sorry.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?