Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Vin Scully.......

Vin Scully.......

is just wearing me out. My head is about to explode. Every time I watch the Reds vs. Dodgers this happens. He called Belisle Matt Mc Allen, He called Encarnacion Edgar Encarnacion. I am turning the sound off, I can't take it anymore

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Vin Scully.......

Are you listening on XM radio?

He has been announcing over 50 years.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

So what about this McAllen kid? Would he be a better pitching option than Belisle?

got alil captain in u?

Im still wondering why vince doesn't have a broadcast partner? Has he ever had one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    is just wearing me out. My head is about to explode. Every time I watch the Reds vs. Dodgers this happens. He called Belisle Matt Mc Allen, He called Encarnacion Edgar Encarnacion. I am turning the sound off, I can't take it anymore
    He must have poor hearing. To my grandfather, Arroyo is "Rono", Encarnacion is "Concepcion", Sean Casey was "Stacey".
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Meat, I guess you never listened to Joe Nuxall.Nuxie was great at names for the most part,but the latin players names he seemed to mispronounce at times, and were quite comical.God I miss Joe.

Vin Scully is one of the greatest announcers ever. Period. I don't care if he mispronouces names or not, the guy paints a picture with the words he uses, and I appreciate it. I turn on dodger games just to hear him announce sometimes if the Reds are over.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Vin Scully is one of the greatest announcers ever. Period. I don't care if he mispronouces names or not, the guy paints a picture with the words he uses, and I appreciate it. I turn on dodger games just to hear him announce sometimes if the Reds are over.
    I didn't say he wasn't great. He just wears on your ears. Always has.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Are you listening on XM radio?

He has been announcing over 50 years.

MLB.TV I didn't want to change my cable to Direct TV and my company doesn't carry MLB Extra Innings any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Meat, I guess you never listened to Joe Nuxall.Nuxie was great at names for the most part,but the latin players names he seemed to mispronounce at times, and were quite comical.God I miss Joe.
    Yeah I guess you are right, but Vin is going so fast, I think that is what gets me. If I were driving I think I would have motion sickness-he is going so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRedleg View Post
    So what about this McAllen kid? Would he be a better pitching option than Belisle?
    He pitched better than Belisle has all year, 7IP, 2ER...

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    Im still wondering why vince doesn't have a broadcast partner? Has he ever had one?
    No need for one.

agree 100%

I agree 100%. Harry C in Chicago mispronounced names, said them backwards, etc. Harry was one of the best as well. Remember that baseball, and all sports, is nothing more than entertainment. Years ago, Don Drysdale did the White Sox games alone and he did a great job. Two or more guys in the booth is too many.

Vin has been the best for years, and will always be head and shoulders above anyone else on the air, period.
    Work hard....Play hard.....Slide Hard

Turn Off Ads?