Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday May 21st minor league updates

Re: Wednesday May 21st minor league updates

At one point does Herrera have to be taken seriously? All he does is get hitters out. I know his stuff may not project for major success, but a sub 4.00 ERA in MLB would certainly be acceptable.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Just been listening to game on Bats radio.
    Kelch said Lehr was supposed to go but pulled by Sweet saying mngr's decision and said it was all he could say. Kelch said he would announce anything as soon as he found out.
    Makes it sound like he's either being called up or traded, doesn't it? And I can't imagine he's being called up (not after Belisle finally pitched OK). Unless someone is hurt -- and we've heard nothing about that.

Interesting ...

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic View Post
    Makes it sound like he's either being called up or traded, doesn't it? And I can't imagine he's being called up (not after Belisle finally pitched OK). Unless someone is hurt -- and we've heard nothing about that.

Interesting ...

Always have to wonder about injuries to pitchers. Belise's back; Weathers hasn't really looked as good as last year. Or there's always a possibility of a Fogg deal with Lehr taking over as long man. (Not that I think the Reds should have a long man who basically pitches once every two weeks, but that's for another thread.)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Weathers hasn't really looked as good as last year. )
    I'm going to play the luck game.

Since the popular argument on Belisle has been he's been unlucky, and not bad....I'm going to say David Weathers was lucky last year, and not all that good.

There.

Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-21-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I'm going to play the luck game.

Since Belisle's been unlucky, and not bad, more often than not....I'm going to say David Weathers was lucky last year, and not all that good.

There.

In 2005, 2006, and 2007 Weathers WHIP was below 1.3. That's a pretty extended period of good luck. Not buying it.

I think it's a combination of three things -- wear and tear/health/change in role. But he's not the same pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    He's going to end up back in Cincinnati at some point this year, I just know it. And unless he's doing something completely different than he's done every other time in a Reds uniform, I'm not interested in seeing that happen.
    Well, he deserves in. He started out rough at the beginning of the year, but his last 10 appearances have been pretty good.

14.1 IP
    9 H
    3 BB
    9 K's
    1.26 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds View Post
    At one point does Herrera have to be taken seriously? All he does is get hitters out. I know his stuff may not project for major success, but a sub 4.00 ERA in MLB would certainly be acceptable.
    He should be taken seriously right now. He is only 23 years old and 15 innings into his AAA career though, I don't mind him getting some seasoning for a while before getting a chance in the bigs. Let him show that the screwball still works the second and third times through the IL.

I guess its time for the yearly parade of career minor leaguers through Cincinnati to fill the fifth spot. I wish Homer was ready.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Justin Reed just homered to give the Dragons a 5-3 lead. It was a no doubter. Not sure who had the other runs/RBI as I just walked in and turned it on.

Daytons 2nd inning was nice, here is the recap:

* Brandon Waring flies out to center fielder Eric Eiland.
    * Denis Phipps singles on a ground ball to center fielder Eric Eiland.
    * Michael McKennon singles on a ground ball to right fielder Moises Sierra. Denis Phipps to 3rd.
    * Devin Mesoraco walks. Michael McKennon to 2nd.
    * Kevyn Feiner hit by pitch. Denis Phipps scores. Michael McKennon to 3rd. Devin Mesoraco to 2nd.
    * Zachary Cozart grounds out to third baseman Kevin Ahrens. Michael McKennon scores.
    * Justin Reed homers (5) on a fly ball to right field. Devin Mesoraco scores. Kevyn Feiner scores.
    * Keltavious Jones walks.
    * With Logan Parker batting, Keltavious Jones steals (9) 2nd base.
    * Logan Parker strikes out swinging.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Justin Reed just homered to give the Dragons a 5-3 lead. It was a no doubter. Not sure who had the other runs/RBI as I just walked in and turned it on.
    Doug, how high has Justin Reed's stock risen this year?

Quote Originally Posted by New Fever View Post
    Doug, how high has Justin Reed's stock risen this year?
    He had a terrible April but has been lighting it up for May so far. I think it really depends what he does the rest of the way, but its certainly up from last year (although he had a good year last year).

Devin Mesoraco draws his second walk in as many PA's.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He had a terrible April but has been lighting it up for May so far. I think it really depends what he does the rest of the way, but its certainly up from last year (although he had a good year last year).
    He's hitting for a lot more power than I ever expected. Must be hitting the weights.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Stubbs is 1-2 with his 16th steal. Heisey is 1-2. Louwsma is 1-2 and Rodriguez is 1-1. Sarasota is trailing 5-0 though.

Turn Off Ads?