Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trade Musings

Re: Coco Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    FWIW, that's not much better than Patterson.
    That is correct. The difference is, Crisp's OPS is more OBP driven than Patterson. Patterson's OPS is fine for a 7 hitter who plays great defense. Crisp could potentially serve as a leadoff hitter who plays great defense. His OBP is 30 points higher appx.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut View Post
    That is correct. The difference is, Crisp's OPS is more OBP driven than Patterson. Patterson's OPS is fine for a 7 hitter who plays great defense. Crisp could potentially serve as a leadoff hitter who plays great defense. His OBP is 30 points higher appx.

Oh Crisp is a much better lead off hitter than Paterson, but his OBA over the last 3 years is about .320, so he's also a poor choice at the top of the line up.

Re: Trade Musings

I'd get rid of Valetin way before Ross. Both stink, but at least Ross can hit LH pitchers, something we need with Bako.
    Except Valentin is a better bench player and since I really don't want to see either of them ever in the line-up again, I'd rather keep the better bench player.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Here's an idea that was floated by Dave Cameron at USSM...

Votto+ for Jeff Clement.

Both project to be basically slightly above average first baseman/DH but Clement could become the Victor Martinez of the senior circuit if allowed to catch (currently he's been blocked by some old Japanese speaking fellow signing a multi-year extension in Seattle).

The plus could probably be a good pen prospect (a guy with a legit chance to be a valuable major leaguer much sooner than later-i.e. ETA '09) IMHO.

Anyway, it's an interesting thought that might stimulate some good debate/discussion.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Here's an idea that was floated by Dave Cameron at USSM...

Votto+ for Jeff Clement.

Both project to be basically slightly above average first baseman/DH but Clement could become the Victor Martinez of the senior circuit if allowed to catch (currently he's been blocked by some old Japanese speaking fellow signing a multi-year extension in Seattle).

The plus could probably be a good pen prospect (a guy with a legit chance to be a valuable major leaguer much sooner than later-i.e. ETA '09) IMHO.

Anyway, it's an interesting thought that might stimulate some good debate/discussion.
    If they locked up Dunn and he agreed to play first (and they believe he would be an adequate defender there) then this might make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    If they locked up Dunn and he agreed to play first (and they believe he would be an adequate defender there) then this might make sense.
    I think that all it takes to make a lot sense for the Reds would be if they let him develop as a catcher (with the caveat that he can play the position adequately of course).
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Oh Crisp is a much better lead off hitter than Paterson, but his OBA over the last 3 years is about .320, so he's also a poor choice at the top of the line up.
    They're really still in no hurry to trade him, anyway. In fact, I'd even suggest that the way the Sox rotate their OFers would be a good model for the Reds to follow if they called up Bruce and managed to cut back to having only 4 regular OFers to juggle.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Ramirez tops this weeks BA prospect hot sheet
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...08/266140.html

KLW:

Shows what I know.

Guess he's not "off the radar".

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    KLW:

Shows what I know.

It just means you could work for BA.....

Swizzle.

While Shapiro concedes that major trades don't usually occur so early in the season, he's already apparently ready to consider all options:

"We will get on the phone with every team in the league, although sometimes a trade of magnitude comes down the road. We will explore everything at this point."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

The Indians' corner OF are David Dellucci, Franklin Gutierrez, and Ben Fransisco. Think Shapiro is going to ask about Dunn?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?