Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Josh Hamilton Thread (its worth it)

Another Josh Hamilton Thread (its worth it)

Did you know?
    Josh Hamilton drove in his 50th run of the season in Monday night's game, becoming the fastest player in American League history to reach that figure (45 games....he did not play in one game this year). The previous AL record holders (46 games) were Joe DiMaggio and Carl Everett.

Wow...I'm never going to stop wondering "what if" when thinking about this guy. He's my favorite player in the game (Griffey all time favorite). In fact, I like watching him and reading about him the way I did Griffey in the 90's.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Another Josh Hamilton Thread (its worth it)

Man, that is one heck of an accomplishment. Congrats to the guy, I'll look forward to seeing him in the All-Star game this year.

Hammer is a freak of nature! Too bad his body will never hold up because of his years of substance abuse.

I would rather have him than ANY of our current OF'ers.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    I would rather have him than ANY of our current OF'ers.
    That ain't really saying much, but I agree.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Congrats to Josh on that great achievement! I'm so happy for him and I hope he can continue to have a successful year.

That said, I'm waiting until I see Jay Bruce up here in the OF before I say I want him back more than any of our other outfielders.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I'm happy for him. Great achievement.

I'm still in the camp that doesn't think he will either endure physically or be able to stay clean.

I would rather have Volquez, but wish Hamilton the best and hope he can stay clean and healthy, but would not bet money that he can.

I would rather have him than any of our position players. He will be a great player for years to come, and is really cheap. Still, we got a great player out of the trade too.

I'd still have Volquez over Hamilton any day of the week. Let's not forget what Volquez has done with the Reds so far (leads the league in ERA, 4th in Ks, and 2 in Ws). Also great pitching is always better than great hitting, from a value perspective. I honestly can't remember the last time a trade benefited both clubs in such a manner. Just imagine if it's Volquez starting the All Star Game against Hamilton -- how would that be irony.

The last Trade that worked tis well between clubs has to be Toronto-San Diego back in like 1990: Fred McGriff for Joe Carter & Roberto Alomar

Hamilton is the triple crown leader after this afternoons game. .335, 12 HR, 53 RBIs. Leads all catergories except HR where he is tied.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Can you just picture it...DUEL triple crown winners in one season? Hammy & Berkman? That'd be hilarious. :O)

I wonder when it last was that there had been 2 guys leading in the Triple crown this late in the season. That would be insane.

Even with him, Texas still isn't any good.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laxtonto View Post
    I wonder when it last was that there had been 2 guys leading in the Triple crown this late in the season. That would be insane.
    Well, technically there aren't two THIS season. Berkman's second in avg to the insane Chipper Jones' .400+ average.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    The last Trade that worked tis well between clubs has to be Toronto-San Diego back in like 1990: Fred McGriff for Joe Carter & Roberto Alomar
    I think that deal worked better for Toronto but thats splitting hairs. LoL.

Congrats to Josh on the great accomplishment, I would love to see it continue (unless he plays us of course).

Turn Off Ads?