Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Todd Frazier named FSL hitter of the week

Todd Frazier named FSL hitter of the week

FRAZIER NAMED FSL PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Sarasota’s Todd Frazier on Monday was named Florida State League Player of the Week for 5/12-5/18...In 7 games, he batted .321 (9-for-28) with 3 homers, 6 RBI, 7 runs scored, 2 doubles and a .714 slugging pct...Frazier, 22, overall this season is batting .304 with 11 HR and 30 RBI in 42 games split between Sarasota and Dayton (.376obp, .595slg)...he was promoted to Sarasota on 5/7

plus this from John Fay:

You read it here first: Todd Frazier will be in the mix for one of the corner outfield positions next season if the Reds don't sign Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn. Frazier, last year's supplenmental first-round pick, played shortstop at Rutgers. The Reds played him there until his promotion to Sarasota. He's been played four games in the outfield with Sarasota. He's got power. He gets on base. And he hits right-handed. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Frazier named FSL hitter of the week

Great start and a bold prediction from Fay
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Great start and a bold prediction from Fay
    I don't think its that bold of a prediction. I wonder how long Fraizer stays in A ball. If he continues to hit he may be in AA by the middle of the summer. I would guess that his bat is close to mlb ready. I would guess that a little more seasoning is going to help but I find his situation similar to that of Bruce last season. His major problem may be the position change and how well he adapts.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    You read it here first: Todd Frazier will be in the mix for one of the corner outfield positions next season if the Reds don't sign Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn.
    I most certainly did NOT read it there first

I read Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    I most certainly did NOT read it there first

I read Redszone.
    Certainly. I think Danny Dorn and Frazier will be two of those LF options for '09. The question becomes CF then. I just wish Dickerson would make a push to be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Certainly. I think Danny Dorn and Frazier will be two of those LF options for '09. The question becomes CF then. I just wish Dickerson would make a push to be that guy.
    I wish Stubbs makes a push to be that guy.

Turn Off Ads?