Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is Lehr???

Korean league

1. I had no idea there was a pro league in Korea. Anybody know about how it compares to A/AA/AAA?

2. Can we sell some more players to the Korean league? I can think of quite a few I'd love the Reds to unload

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Korean league

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    1. I had no idea there was a pro league in Korea. Anybody know about how it compares to A/AA/AAA?

2. Can we sell some more players to the Korean league? I can think of quite a few I'd love the Reds to unload
    There's leagues in Japan, Korea, Taiwan

Japan - probably comparable to AAAA - it's the best of the Pacific Rim leagues. usually you can find some former major leaguers and big names there.

Korea - AAA / AAAA - same goes here, a lot of AAA guys have their contracts bought and go here for some good money.

Taiwan - maybe AA

Re: Where is Lehr???

Do they need high profile, expensive managers?
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Do they need high profile, expensive managers?
    haha we could only wish

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Righthanded pitcher Justin Lehr is headed for Korea. The Reds sold his contract Friday to the Doosan Bears of the Korea Professional League.

Lehr, 30, was 4-2 with a 2.41 ERA in eight starts for the Class AAA Louisville Bats, walking only nine in 52 1/3 innings while striking out 34.

“Lehr had a clause in his contract that said if a Korean club approached him, we had to let him go and that’s exactly what happened,” said general manager Walt Jocketty. “We had an opportunity to match their offer but it wasn’t something we wanted to do.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...incinnatireds/

Better explanation. Maybe people shouldn't jump to "stupid move" conclusions without knowing the facts. I can see not wanting to give a 5A player a raise, even though the Bats lose a very solid pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaFan View Post

Japan - probably comparable to AAAA - it's the best of the Pacific Rim leagues. usually you can find some former major leaguers and big names there.

Korea - AAA / AAAA - same goes here, a lot of AAA guys have their contracts bought and go here for some good money.

Taiwan - maybe AA
    How would you rate the mexican league? A good buddy of mine pitched in the Mexican world series.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaFan View Post

Taiwan - maybe AA
    thanks

Turn Off Ads?