Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *fires up the time travel portal*...

Re: *fires up the time travel portal*...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    It is simple.

After that, Get rid of the rest of those guys... I am including EE and Kepp.
    Getting rid of Kepp would be a big mistake. He's cheap and good. He has to stay. I could see letting EE go.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sabowned View Post
    I don't think Hairston would go to the DL for dehydration. I would guess either trade of Freel, or DFA of Valentin. Valentin is basically worthless this season. I would rather get rid Patterson of course, but I doubt Dusty will let that happen.
    Um, Patterson?

.220 isn't very good. Why not DFA patterson? Freel has out hit him but nearly 100 points; do you guys even realize what you're saying when you say it? How do you justify keeping Patterson? That guy shouldn't even be playing baseball anymore. He's a known bust.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Getting rid of Kepp would be a big mistake. He's cheap and good. He has to stay. I could see letting EE go.
    The only reason I said that was that Jeff Keppinger is a back up. I know alot of people here are in Love with him, but he was with the Mets, and Royals as a backup. Came here to be a back up... He is not a Michael Young type player. He is a guy that can play multiple positions, His average was on its way to under .300 just like Bako's has done...

I am not saying the guy is no good whatsoever.. He did a great job last year, and started off this year Playing great, he just isn't the type of Player you build around.

Attack Cat!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Dealing BRANDON?!? Ummm...let me stop you right there. No. With Phillips, you've got a young potent bat with speed, the potential to hit for a nice average and an A+ glove man. All that and he's signed long term for a reasonable amount. Nope, Phillips stays...period.
    I love Brandon, he's a fine, fine player. That said, there are tough decisions that need to be made, and I think the return on Phillips could go a long way in filling other holes, and we have short and long term 2nd base options to fill in for him (keppinger/Valaika).

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Phillips won't be dealt... not in the next 5 years.

The guys who are more real candidates that might surprise you would be Harang or Cordero. Wait and see.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Um, Patterson?

.220 isn't very good. Why not DFA patterson? Freel has out hit him but nearly 100 points; do you guys even realize what you're saying when you say it? How do you justify keeping Patterson? That guy shouldn't even be playing baseball anymore. He's a known bust.
    Patterson's got a better glove and range on defense than anyone except maybe Bruce, if he was used properly then he could be pinch runner/defensive replacement or bat 7th when someone needs a day off. Where as Valentin has zero value at this point to this team DFA him and if anyone wants him give him away for a bag of balls or a PTBNL.

Patterson is Making 3 Million Dollars. That is an expensive late Inning replacment, but maybe a bargain for a Pinch Runner...

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Personally, I couldn't care less what players are signed for (in terms of money). I want the best players on the field...or at the least, the players who are playing best at the time. If a player needs to find their swing...let them do it during batting practice.

But that being said, I agree with Hondo. Patterson's still a valuable player IF USED CORRECTLY. Pinch runner. Defensive replacement. Need a sac. bunt? Injury to an OF'er? Extra inning game? Double header? Starter need a day off? There are places to play him. But starting and leading off isn't one of them.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Personally, I couldn't care less what players are signed for (in terms of money). I want the best players on the field...or at the least, the players who are playing best at the time. If a player needs to find their swing...let them do it during batting practice.

But that being said, I agree with Hondo. Patterson's still a valuable player IF USED CORRECTLY. Pinch runner. Defensive replacement. Need a sac. bunt? Injury to an OF'er? Extra inning game? Double header? Starter need a day off? There are places to play him. But starting and leading off isn't one of them.
    I know everyone expects Bruce up here soon but it is still hard for me to see Dusty benching Corey considering he runs him out there night in and night out now.
    Hope I am wrong though.

Turn Off Ads?