Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Mock Draft

Re: NBA Mock Draft

Beasley is the pick. He's far and away the best player in this year's draft.

I honestly see him playing a 3-4 hybrid in the NBA, with emphasis on the 3.

2. Turn Off Ads?

1) Bulls - Derrick Rose
    2) Heat - Michael Beasley
    3) TWolves - OJ Mayo
    4) Seattle - Lopez
    5) Memphis - DeAndre Jordan
    6) NY - Eric Gordon
    7) LAC - Jerryd Bayless
    8) Milwaukee - Danilo Gallinari
    9) Charlette - Kevin Love
    10) Nets - Anthony Randolph

That's what i've got so far, i'm rethinking DJ Augustin to the Pacers..we'll see.

I'm telling you guys, Beasley is the consensus #1 pick. The Bulls are holding their cards close to the vest, but I guarantee you they choose Beasley if they don't trade the pick. The Rose talk is just a smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce4HOF View Post
    I'm telling you guys, Beasley is the consensus #1 pick. The Bulls are holding their cards close to the vest, but I guarantee you they choose Beasley if they don't trade the pick. The Rose talk is just a smokescreen.
    How so? Hinrich is a joke of a PG and they already have TONS of depth at forward. Off the top of my head they have Tyrus Thomas, Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni. If they got Rose they'd have a legit playoffs lineup of

PG - Rose / Duhon or Hinrich (both of these are horrid PGs)
    SG - Gordon / Hughes
    F - Deng / Nocioni
    PF - Thomas / Gooden
    C - Noah

If they drafted Beasley they still have a mediocre PG, while if they draft Rose every other position is semi-legit to legit. That is one hell of a rebounding team along with 2 great guards in Rose and Gordon.

Give me Rose if i'm the Bulls.

Rose had a great tournament. That still doesn't put him in the same stratosphere as Michael Beasley in terms of overall talent and value to an organization. Replace Noah with Beasley, move Thomas to the Center position where he belongs, and Hinrich will be fine. Folks are writing off Kirk Hinrich WAY too prematurely.

Rose had a great tournament. That still doesn't put him in the same stratosphere as Michael Beasley in terms of overall talent and value to an organization. Replace Noah with Beasley, move Thomas to the Center position where he belongs, and Hinrich will be fine. Folks are writing off Kirk Hinrich WAY too prematurely.
    Hinrich will be fine? He's HORRID, he shoots under 40%, turns the ball over a ton and doesn't even dish it. He'll have a good game once a week or sometimes even two to give people hope, but at the end of the day he's a terrible PG.

Tyrus Thomas is a PF at most, he's closer to being a SF than a Center, the man is a 6'9 athletic forward, nothing more.

Read the rest of this thread.

Rose plays a system where he isn't going to shine. He could easily have had 20 pts and 10 assists, but he wasn't asked to do that. Tyrus Thomas is undersized for the center position like Beasley is for the PF slot. That would easily be the most undersized and abused frontcourt in the league.

If Rose isn't the pick, the Bulls deserve to lose for the next decade. You win with an elite PG, and Rose is exactly that. Thats not knocking Beasley, and I think he will do fine in Miami or Minnesota, but he doesnt fit the Bulls the way Rose does.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

[QUOTE=WVRed;1643383]You win with an elite PG, and Rose is exactly that. QUOTE]

I like Rose - but to call him elite is to ignore his jump-shot and his shooting range. He needs a lot of work in both those areas. If he doesn't succeed - he will be like Stephon Marbury - who my comp for him is.

How many teams over the past decade have won an NBA championship without an elite-caliber big man? I'll wait.

[QUOTE=Betterread;1643435]
    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    You win with an elite PG, and Rose is exactly that. QUOTE]

I like Rose - but to call him elite is to ignore his jump-shot and his shooting range. He needs a lot of work in both those areas. If he doesn't succeed - he will be like Stephon Marbury - who my comp for him is.
    A jumpshot and shooting range is irrelevant at his age. Those will improve over time. He has everything one wants in a perennial All-Star. He WILL lead the Bulls back into the Finals.

How many teams over the past decade have won an NBA championship without an elite-caliber big man? I'll wait.
    And Beasley isn't an elite big man. As you said, he is a 3/4 hybrid.

But to answer your question, ill ask another one. How many of these teams featured a lead guard? Shaq had Kobe and DWade, Duncan had Tony Parker. And both the Bulls and Pistons never had a big time big man(Ben Wallace is defense only). You can also count the Heat if you consider Shaq was starting to disintegrate.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Disagree big time on your Shaq with the Heat comments when they won the Championship.

The NBA is still a big-man dominated league. The guards are important, but your chances of winning a championship w/o an elite caliber big-man are slim to none (the Pistons are an outlier).

Disagree big time on your Shaq with the Heat comments when they won the Championship.

The NBA is still a big-man dominated league. The guards are important, but your chances of winning a championship w/o an elite caliber big-man are slim to none (the Pistons are an outlier).
    Either way, Beasley is not a big man. He is Kevin Durant.

If this were Greg Oden instead of Beasley, I would take Oden over Derrick Rose.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

O.K, I'll play.

1)Bulls-Derrick Rose PG

In the end, a package centered around Gordon/Hinrich is more likely to garner a big man than a top-flight PG. Plus, I'm beginning to buy WVRed's Kevin Durant comparison.

2)Heat-Michael Beasley F

No surprise, and insurance in the event Shawn Marion bolts.

3)Wolves-J. Bayless PG

Wolves select the best player available, and with three second round selections, may trade up to select a center.

4)Sonics-O.J Mayo G

Another scorer to team with Durant, Green and company.

5)Grizzlies- A. Randolph F

Surprised? You shouldn't be; Randolph has been described as a cross between Lamar Odom and Josh Smith. A no-brainer if you ask me.

6)Knicks- D. Gallinari F

D' Antoni gets his man; a versatile player who can initiate the offense.

7)Clippers- R. Westbrook G

Local hero fills the coveted combo-guard role.

8)Bucks- J. Alexander SF

Rapidly rising up the draft boards, Alexander provides another frontcourt gun. However, if any team will be wheeling-and-dealing, it will be the Bucks.

9)Bobcats- B. Lopez C

Bobcats cannot believe their good fortune and neither can I

10)Nets- E. Gordon G

Nets procede to accomplish two tasks:

Add to what may be a deep bench.

Break the hearts of Pacer fans everywhere.

11)Pacers- D. Jordan C

Hey, stop laughing. Jordan has the most upside of any center in the draft and is ideally suited for O'Brien's system.

12)Kings- D.J Augustin PG

How many 5-11 PGs have become NBA stars? Augustin will get his chance to prove the naysayers wrong.

13)Blazers- C. Budinger F/G

The most versatile player left on board.

14)Warriors- K. Love PF/C

The long wait is over for Mr. Love. His skills actually compliment Beidrens, Harrington and B. Wright, whom Nelson allowed to rot on the bench last season. Will he do the same with Love?

And the rest:

15)Suns- D. Arthur PF
    16)76ers- J. McGee C/PF
    17)Raptors- N.Batum F
    18)Wizards- D. Greene F
    19)Cavs- K. Koufos C/PF
    20)Nuggets- M.Speights PF/C
    21)Nets- J. Thompson PF
    22)Magic- C. Douglas-Roberts G/F
    23)Jazz- R. Lopez C
    24)Sonics- R. Hibbert C
    25)Rockets- W. Ellington G
    26)Spurs- B. Rush G
    27)Hornets- D. Jefferson SF
    28)Grizzlies- N. Jawai C/PF
    29)Pistons- J.J Hickson PF
    30)Celtics-M. Chalmers PG

There you have it. Mock me if you will

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Here is a link to all of the mock drafts on the web for your viewing pleasure. Man, this a deep draft.

http://dcprosportsreport.com/NBAMocks.htm

Turn Off Ads?